Close

Cool Drop it like it hot

hummm.... could i just lower my car with just spring?
    Last edited by 02CivicSI-VTEC; 07-02-2002 at 11:06 PM.

ephatch member

Translation:

Hello all.
    I was wondering what you fellows are using to lower your cars? Would you recommend Springs & Shocks or Coilovers?
    Would it be possible to find acceptable equipment at a local autoparts emporium like PepBoys?
    Some of my friends spent as much as $1000 to lower their cars. I would prefer not to waste so much money.

(Sorry, I'm too old to read this post without a translation)

brianc593
    LMAO!!!!!

Still Around...
    HOLY SCHNIKEYS THAT WAS FUNNY!! :D :D

Whew... ok... Do a search on H&R's and Eibachs and Ground Control and Koni and KYB, then call PepBoys. I think you'll find the answer you're looking for on the board somewhere else.

God, I still can't type I'm laughing so hard. :D

:edit: - well, it used to be funny until it got edited!
    Last edited by DynaSpeed; 08-01-2002 at 10:54 AM.

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Yes you can lower your car with springs. Try H&R springs, I hear they are really good. About $130 bucks.

civic01vtec
    Yes you can drop your car with just springs. However eventualy your stock shocks will blow because of the added pressure on them. I have found out that you dont have to just use springs/coilovers specified for the 02' Si/SiR. You can use springs meant for the 01/02 civic. However the front stock springs on the new Si/SiR have a harder spring rating stock then what some aftermarket springs do.

Thumbs up

SO you are saying that the stock si springs are better then the aftermartket? how long will u think the stock shock will last?? so this mean i have to change the shocks too? thank you...

Originally posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC
    SO you are saying that the stock si springs are better then the aftermartket? how long will u think the stock shock will last?? so this mean i have to change the shocks too? thank you...
    Factory springs have their own uniqueness when comparing to aftermarkets. No, stock is NOT better than "some" high end aftermarket components. Lowering spings lower your car while providing stiffer spring rates better suited for spirited driving. It also improves the looks factor!

how far the factory shocks will take you depends entirely on how low you decided to lower your car--that, and your driving habit-The more you drop, the more the shocks are compressed (factory shocks are not meant to be compressed for prolong periods of time) thus further increasing the load that is exerted into each shock. Until one day they decided they won't work for you anymore, then you'll be riding on bare tires.

a typical 2" drop with stock shocks combo would last you 50K--a bit more at most--then you'll start feeling your car giving away around every corner, then comes the start of a costly suspension repair...

dotek, wut about a drop on stock shocks with like h&r's?? that's like a 1.3"-1.5" i think... how long will that last on stock shocks??

PJsSCW

Talking

Get airbags!!!!!!:D

I got some TEIN lowering springs for about 2 bills. of course they're non-adjustable, but it is a 1.8 in. drop. You guys mite think that's nothing, but i really really does look a lot better. If you want your car slammed, then i suggest not getting these springs. It handels a lot better, and it isn't even a bumper ride. check em out.

Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    dotek, wut about a drop on stock shocks with like h&r's?? that's like a 1.3"-1.5" i think... how long will that last on stock shocks??
    the figure that was given is for H&Rs with the factory shocks. H&Rs will be lower than 1.5" once they've settled. With a good set of aftermarket adjustables--in a moderate ill treatment type of driving--your shocks and springs should last a lifetime.

"with a good set of aftermarket adjustables"

-yeah i know, but how bought with stock shocks?

I see you haven't been paying attention, i said 50K with the stock shocks!

hahah sorry dotek :) thnx

Thread Information