Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car wash

I always hand wash and dry my car. Car washes scare me

Originally posted by Zigen5
    Here another good question...
    How often do you guys wax your car? I usually wax it once a month. But since its the winter, I just use the spray on wax...

since its winter???????????????????????????

please put down the crack pipe I repeat please put down the crack pipe

Boy it must be rough to not be able to wax the car in the 70 degree cold front

sorry I am just so sick of winter I needed to vent a little

its all automated. you pull up, it does its thing and you pull out with no drips and the car is spotless. maybe its because its brand new but man its sweet to get that salt of the car

there is absolutly, positivly, nothing, i repeat nothing, wrong with touchless drive thrus, well, at least the ones in texas anyways, u go to a pretty new, clean lookin one, nada, just a quick way to spot free ur car, the brush ones though will fuck ur shit up though, my only prob with touchless is this:

1-most only do spot free and no dry
    2-the ones that do automated dry suck major ass drying and will have spots by the time u get home
    3-i cant get through 85% them cause of that stupid ass pointless goddamn rail that my fuckin exhaust and undercarriege raped one time

oh, and fuck the cold ass weather, and this fuckin weeks all rain forecast (sorry needed to vent)

I've found ONE style of automatic car wash that really did well getting a few pounds of highway-borne road salt off of my car. It was at a gas station, my car sat stationary, and a big arm with a bunch of nozzles went around the car. It wet the surface, sprayed soap everywhere, and rinsed with spot-free rinse water.

I opted for the service with no wax, since I had a good coat already and didn't want to screw around with some no-name stuff getting on top.

It seemed to work because of the sheer volume of water, not lots of pressure. It got all the little nooks & crannies cleaned out, and had sprayers for the underside.

Whenever I look at a gas station's car wash, I try to see if it's the same kind. Any other, and I don't bother.

Of course, normally, I wash & wax by hand anyway.

opens the taps
    During the winter I just hit the self-wash pressure washing places. I just washed my car yesterday, the first time in 4 months. Ouch. Looking forward to summer and hand washes in my own driveway.

Washing my car is a religion to me ... just like people go to church every sunday, my car gets washed every saturday. And if it's raining, I go to the self-serve wash by me and close the bay doors :)

I've found Simple Green to be a great product for getting brake dust build-up off the wheels. It's kinda like an industrial grade cleaner with 2430 different purposes (environmentally safe). I spray that on the wheels along with windex on the windows. let that stuff set for 5 minutes and spray the whole car with water. Then I take a bucket of hot water with Meguiars Gold Class soap (generous portion - probably like 2-3 times more then what they reccomend). Put that on the car and rinse one section at a time. After the wash, I get my electric leaf blower and dry it :D And after that all terry cloths. Dry insides of doors then wheels... then put Tire Wet on the tires.

Detailing (once a month)Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish and Deep Crystal Wax, Trim and Bumper Detailer (I've got black bumpers).

Complete Care (once a year). In order. Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Scratch X, Deep Crystal Polish, 2 coats of Deep Crystal Wax, Trim and Bumper Detailer.

Yep, so thats about it. Hey, did any one of you guys use the new Nxt Generation Tech Wax from Meguiars???? It's expensive but suppose to be the best! :D

Peace.

Originally posted by HondCivc91
    After the wash, I get my electric leaf blower and dry it :D

lol... sorry but if I saw someone blowing there car... its not every day someone gives there car the "weed eatter treatment.

believe it or not bro, i would rather do that (i persoanlly use an air compressor) to dry my car, being it is black u wont have to worry about streaks at all :D

i feel really shitty for going thru a car wash now ... i will never go thru thos brushingdrive thru's .... im scared now ... my poor baby was voatdand i didnt even know

I Hand wash & Dry my Si, its also my Saturday "Faith":D
    Rinse, lather, Rinse, Dry.
    I wax every other week...
    Meguiars Showcar glaze followed by Meguiars High Tech Yellow #26.
    I use Meguiars Swirl Remover once a year.

Never used the automatic crap, and my bodykit is incentive not to even want to. Now that I drove by one and looked inside and seen that rail/pipe thing
    Heres a pic of a week I didnt wax
    Last edited by CIVICBOOST; 02-29-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Nail-batter Moderator SiR Medic's Avatar
    Moving it "CAR CARE".

I got one scratched up stock rim from the time I went to a "touchless" car wash when I was desparate to remove some road salt. That was the last time I ever went to one.

touchless carwashes suck anyways... i couldnt go thru any machine for the longest time coz my drop was so low... and plus, hand washes come out lookin so much better... does anyone use a compressor to wash their cars? i hear its somewhat bad for the clearcoat, but damn... it works so good... if i didnt hear that its bad for the clearcoat, that would be the only way i wash my car

the one i go throught doesn't have a rail. you drive in, an display tells u when to stop, then an arm on a moving platform above does the rest.

im not too sure about a compressor. i have one but never use it... i mean im sure its gotta get stuff off that handwashing doesnt, but i can also see it eating clearcoat/paint.

toSi - hey my leaf blower may be wierd and make the neighbors look but just like super_si said, it does prevent streaks. Plus it's kinda' easier... and faster no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information