Close

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar

JDM Lips on USDM Bumpers

About how much do yall think it would cost to get the JDM CTR Lips onto the USDM Bumpers?

How bout just get the USDM CTR lip kit!!? I think it'll cost a lot in modifications.

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA

Re: JDM Lips on USDM Bumpers

Originally posted by KingGreg86
    About how much do yall think it would cost to get the JDM CTR Lips onto the USDM Bumpers?
    if you do this, it is goign to take major modification to make it fit.. i've tried to do this, cause i purchased the lips before i actually knew there were JDM bumpers.. the front is short by a few inches, so if you were to do it you would have to mold it into your bumper which i still don't think would look that good.. the back lip and the USDM bumper is completely off, the body shop told me you can't even do anythign about that.. not only is the JDM lip shorter than the USDM bumper, but the indentation where the axel back is doesn't even line up..

just like showstoppers said, you can buy their USDM type R kit.. it looks pretty nice.. do a search and you'll see al ot of members on this board that have it. good luck.

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    i would get the usdm kit but im worried that if i have a drop and 15's taht is will scrape and get ruined.

i would get the usdm kit but im worried that if i have a drop and 15's taht is will scrape and get ruined.
    soo you want to spend even more money on OEM Type R pieces and modify them to fit... sorry but doesn't make sense

well even if you do somehow get the JDM lips to fit on your USDM bumper, you will be dealing with the same problem of worrying if your lips are goign to scrape..

i have the CTR kit and i'm dropped on tein lowering springs and i haven't scrapped yet.. i had it for over a year now.

Thread Information