Close

Thread: audio advice

audio advice

Need some advice on speaker choices:

what are some good priced speakers for the front (5 1/4" and the tweeters) and the rear (6 1/2"). Also I will be dynamating everything while i do the speaker install. will i need anything else besides the speakers? (ie new speaker wire?)? i have plans on 1 10" JL 10w3v2-d4 sub and e1200 amp. I just want good quality speakers for a decent price.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Re: audio advice

Originally posted by 02civicSI
    Need some advice on speaker choices:

what are some good priced speakers for the front (5 1/4" and the tweeters) and the rear (6 1/2"). Also I will be dynamating everything while i do the speaker install. will i need anything else besides the speakers? (ie new speaker wire?)? i have plans on 1 10" JL 10w3v2-d4 sub and e1200 amp. I just want good quality speakers for a decent price.
    First off, will you be amplifying the speakers as well? Or, just running off of the headunit?
    Mel

i will be running it off of the headunit, an alpine cda 9813

good choice in HU. It puts out 27 watts RMS so you shouldn't need an amp unless you want it extremely loud. For speakers, I would just get some Polk dB's for the front, and a basic filler for the rear. I have alpine type s in the rear. You don't want the rear to be too overpowering or the setup won't sound right. The speakers should include any wire that is needed, so you don't have to worry about buying anything else.

Ahh....ok.

If you're running a sub off an amp and the speakers off the HU I would recommend picking up a pair of Bass Blockers (in line passive crossovers). Personally, I'd probably cut the fronts and rears off @ 60-80hz to get rid of some distortion and cross your sub over ~ 10-20 hz above the high pass point.
    Mel

so would you say that the speaker install would have to be done by a professional? i dont know much about installing speakers and this bass blocker thing...

Originally posted by 02civicSI
    so would you say that the speaker install would have to be done by a professional? i dont know much about installing speakers and this bass blocker thing...
    Nope....with some simple tools and ingenuity you should be able to DIY. Get a hold of Paxie for his DIY video discs. I think he has one for the door removal / speaker install.

Also, the Bass Blockers are just these little 2" crossovers that you put in the wiring just before the end of the speaker lead.

Between Jaydub, the other users and myself I'm sure we can coach you through....:D
    Mel

No need for bass blockers. The 9813 has a decent little crossover built-in

Originally posted by Nighthawk Si
    No need for bass blockers. The 9813 has a decent little crossover built-in
    Oh, cool....Thanks mang! That's def a plus :D
    Mel

ephatch member
    Personally I like the way the infinity Kappas sound, my buddy has then in his 95 civic and they sound good.

As for your choice of subs I personally would not waste your money on JL Audio, they make decent equiptment but are way over price. I would look into a Elemental Designs K series sub
    http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/10k.htm
    Or the shiva by adire audio
    http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_aud...vers/shiva.htm

I have heard many good things about these subs.

Thread Information