Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos and Review of my EP3 with comptech race header

Here's a couple vids to show u guys what it sounds like. Overall I think this is the best power modification that I've made to my car. Right now, my car has AEM CAI, Comptech Race header and adapter, Comptech exhaust, Hondata Reflash, Hondata IM gasket, ES MM inserts.

When racing against my friends EP3s with just i/e before the race header, I would barely pull, it would be almost a dead heat (shifting at 7k on the tach). With the race header, around 5k rpms, the car starts pulling on the other EP3 pretty hard.

The difference is most noticeable in 3rd and 4th gears, probably because we go thru 1st and 2nd so quick. 4th gear was probably the best one, because we punched at about 3500 or so, and we were dead even until roughly 5k. From there on, I started pulling on the other EP3. Also, when we did a punch from 60mph in 5th, we were neck and neck until 105mph!! From all the races that we did, it boils down to that the power difference is above 5k. Going from a stop, I think the race header EP3 will continue pulling more and more as it goes thru higher gears.

Soundwise...well my car doesn't sound the same. It has lost all its deep bassy sound and is a bit raspy. You guys can probably see that in the vids. The noise level isn't bad at all, car is actually pretty quiet if you don't get on it. I just did a 4hr trip this past weekend and it wasn't too bad...as long as you feather the gas pedal. There's also a pretty cool whistling sound...you guys can see it on the first vid...almost sounds like a BOV. HAHAHA.

I am running the Casper Sim, now with over 800 Miles and no CEL. I averaged about 32mpg on the last trip too, so the car seems to be running fine. The only thing that I've noticed is that it smells pretty foul. It reminds me of what a go-kart would smell like. Kinda cool sometimes but annoying at others.

Also, if you guys plan on getting this header, make sure you get motor mounts done first. And also plan on putting in an RSX-S front sway. There is almost no clearance with the EP3 sway...and it will bang against the header on a hard 1-2 shift.

Quality of parts are excellent...everything bolted up perfectly. Post up if you have any Q's. That said, here are the vids:

Please right click and save as

Exhaust from outside:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

Drive-By 1:

Drive-By 2:

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    i like your vids. got any of you racing your friend in his ep3. alos good review. how much did you pay for the race header? i know those can be pricey. i was thinking of getting the JR race header.

Wow, when you said raspy, I thought you meant in a bad, weed whacker, type way. That thing sounds sweet. A little rumblier and it could pass for a boxer engine.

Yes... i know first hand that his car pulled very hard. My car is fully stock and was of no challenge whatsoever.:o

Originally posted by 2fastcivic
    i like your vids. got any of you racing your friend in his ep3. alos good review. how much did you pay for the race header? i know those can be pricey. i was thinking of getting the JR race header.
    I got mine used...but after you figure in header + adapter, it is around 950+ shipped brand new. Will try to get a vid of racing my friend maybe this weekend.

anj, any plan of a dyno run soon?

actually, yes. I plan to get a dyno run in maybe in two weeks time. The RSX-S seems to have a problem of running lean with the Hondata #4 flash and the race header...since the flash was not designed with the race header in mind. I want to make sure I don't have a similar problem.

Although I did want to dyno before learning about this issue, I was being a little lazy (didn't want to cough up money for measuring an improvement that I could readily see), I think I will just dyno to be on the safe side of things.

Nice vids, congrats on the header.;)

Is that PSSSSHHH sound coming from the exhaust or your intake?

redline every shift!!!!!!

Thumbs up

wow anja, that really makes the a3 sound good nice job. thats the first time ive seen the a3 with a race header. i think i want one of those now! :D

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    If i had to guess by that first vid, I would say the sound is the mechanical movement of internal engine parts now made audible by having essentally a wide open straight through header-back setup...

Definately sounds mechanical to me...

Fuckin LOVE it!!!

Anj you shit is soooo hott!!

Eric

Originally posted by EtherGhost
    Is that PSSSSHHH sound coming from the exhaust or your intake?
    That PSSHHHH sound is definitely the exhaust. Eric described it pretty well. Thanks guys:D

anj... your car sounds awesome!!! i want to make mine sound like that now :)

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sounds beefy Anj....

Nice clips...:D
    Mel

Good review anj, its about time ;). Let me know about the dyno, im down. You still plannin on going to Honda day at englishtown?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information