Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Talking JRSC install complete!!!

Ladies and gentalmen...the JRSC is now complete. I have finished the install today. Time now to take it out for a spin. I will say though, the install was a pain in the ass! It wasn't hard or anything, just time consuming. Everything went in perfectly except for the by-pass valve hose. It was a little short, but a slight modification to the hose was all it took. I'll have pics up as soon as I get the change. Unfortunatly, I did not take pics while the install was taking place. I'll have a pic of the finished product.

Woo hoo pics pics pics!!

Banned

Dyno completed today!

Hey there everyone. I just got my EP dynoed today. It dynoed at 192.5hp/150tq at the wheels. If you want to think of it as crank hp, then it would be about 221hp - 231hp, figuring about 15%-20% loss through transfer. The dotted line was from my first dyno with h/i/e, Nology wires, and Denso IR plugs. That reading was about 157hp at the wheels. Overall, a 35.5hp increase. I'll have the pics as soon as I get the film developed.

Click here for dyno results

Sorry about the quality of the scan. It's still readable though.

How much was the kit?

Steve
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

Re: Dyno completed today!

Originally posted by tpao
    Hey there everyone. I just got my EP dynoed today. It dynoed at 192.5hp/150tq at the wheels. If you want to think of it as crank hp, then it would be about 221hp - 231hp, figuring about 15%-20% loss through transfer. The dotted line was from my first dyno with h/i/e, Nology wires, and Denso IR plugs. That reading was about 157hp at the wheels. Overall, a 35.5hp increase. I'll have the pics as soon as I get the film developed.

Click here for dyno results

Sorry about the quality of the scan. It's still readable though.
    Great numbers... basically similar to an rsx type s + I/H/E numbers.

I bet the power and torque are way more usable than an a2 swap...

Banned
    Originally posted by US_Si
    How much was the kit?

Steve
    The kit was from www.mmrusa.com. It was $3100 shipped to my door. If you are interested, call them up (1-888-542-3626) and talk to Justin or Brian and let them know that I told you to call. I can do the install for a pretty fair price too.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Nice buy...

Quick Q for you: How long did it take for the install and what would you rate it in regards to difficulty on a scale of 1-10?

Thank you!:D
    Mel

Banned
    Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    Nice buy...

Quick Q for you: How long did it take for the install and what would you rate it in regards to difficulty on a scale of 1-10?

Thank you!:D
    It took me about 8 hours to install. I took my time and made sure that I wasn't skipping anything or rushing anything. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I would have to say that it's a 3 for me. If you know what you are doing when it comes to a car and your're not scared, then it's a piece of cake. If you are not too sure about what you are doing under the hood then I would say to let some that is more experienced do it for you. As Keith at Jackson put it, if you know how to turn a wrench and do most of the work yourself (i.e. installing your intake, header, exhaust, and etc. yourself) then the install is a no brainer. I've made this offer on a earlier post, if your're interested in getting it done, I'll be more than happy to do the install for a fair price (a couple hundred).

Glad you got it hooked up...can't wait for the pics!!
    Very nice numbers you're putting down, btw.
    The Original Noob with Boobs

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Originally posted by tpao
    It took me about 8 hours to install. I took my time and made sure that I wasn't skipping anything or rushing anything. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I would have to say that it's a 3 for me. If you know what you are doing when it comes to a car and your're not scared, then it's a piece of cake. If you are not too sure about what you are doing under the hood then I would say to let some that is more experienced do it for you. As Keith at Jackson put it, if you know how to turn a wrench and do most of the work yourself (i.e. installing your intake, header, exhaust, and etc. yourself) then the install is a no brainer. I've made this offer on a earlier post, if your're interested in getting it done, I'll be more than happy to do the install for a fair price (a couple hundred).
    Thanks for all of the info....really. It seems easy but a little time consuming. I just wanted someone to assure me of the ease of install. Hmmm.....How plans change quickly (for the better :) ).

Great post and thanks again!
    Mel

Vendor
    geez....31 hp for 3100 bucks? man...i can't see that at all...hell you can get 40hp from a nitrious kit for 500-700 bucks and it wont harm your engine at all cuz it's not like your using it constantly. besides...a 40 shot is totally safe.

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    nice install man. good numbers too. 192whp is pretty good for an si since some rsx dynoed out close but above 192whp w/ the street version. why didnt you post this in the boost forum. alot of guys in there are waiting for the dyno chart for the jrsc.
    Last edited by 2fastcivic; 02-11-2004 at 06:45 PM.

nice numbers. I take it you're using the power card still? I think with a jackson race header, 440cc injectors, and a hondata flash you would see some really good numbers. The power curve looks good to.

And if you can, please post this in either the boost forum or dyno forum, that way when people are searching about the jrsc they will have a good idea what to expect.

And for those that say that is too much for what you got, don't let it bother you. you basically paid 100 for every horsepower you gained. not too bad imo. it's a sc, so it's not going to put out huge number like a turbo, but that is to be expected. Plus the install is a snap.

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    nice numbers. I take it you're using the power card still? I think with a jackson race header, 440cc injectors, and a hondata flash you would see some really good numbers. The power curve looks good to.

And if you can, please post this in either the boost forum or dyno forum, that way when people are searching about the jrsc they will have a good idea what to expect.

And for those that say that is too much for what you got, don't let it bother you. you basically paid 100 for every horsepower you gained. not too bad imo. it's a sc, so it's not going to put out huge number like a turbo, but that is to be expected. Plus the install is a snap.
    the main thing is INSTANT HORESPOWER AND TORQUE. no turbo lag or nothing.

Originally posted by k20hatch
    Woo hoo pics pics pics!!
    ditto cant wait!!! congrats on getting the sc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information