Close

ephatch member

SFP vs. Cybernation

Ive narrowed it down to these two turbo kits. What are your pros/cons to each kit..and also which one of these comes with an external gate vented to the atmosphere. And also can you tell me hp/tq increase on the following:

rev hard
    sfp
    cybernation

im basically looking for the best bang for the buck.

ephatch member
    anyone??

thanks

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    all I can tell you is what I have and why i didn't pick SFP...

With my CN kit i have a seperate waste gate that vents to atmosphere.

I dyno'd at 266.7WHP and 215.4TQ. You can see my dyno chart in my signature below.

SFP's kit is currently running 297WHP and I approx 245TQ (I forget the exact number) The downside in my mind to their kit is they use alcahol injection. That's just one more thing to maintain and pay to fill up with a consumable fluid. Also they use hondata to raise he rev limit to help get that massive HP. However, even their tech guy on EPHatch admidted that it's not safe to revv it too high untill they build up the head - so to me for a daily driver that's a hazard i don't want...

Also you have to consider Cybernation's new Fuel management system about to be released. Their stage one car with that installed is putting down 280+ WHP on a stock Si... Add an exhaust and you should be in the 290's. Oh and did I mention that new computer is completely SELF tunning?? ;)

Anyhoo - both companies are great - however I'm personally feelin Cybernations technology and commitment a little more than I did SFP's. I have had many conversations with Lee - the head guy at CN and I just feel his passion for turboing the k-motor...

In the end it's your call. Do your research and get a SFP owner to give you his input before you decide...

Eric

ephatch member
    thanks a lot..that makes me think a little more.

Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
    best thing to do would be to call both of them up and have each of them give you a sales pitch...I've personally heard mixed emotions about cybernation and mainly good stuff about SFP. I personally would go with the SFP kit.. runs cleaner...and as far as I know.. the "aquamist" that SFP runs is just to keep everything cool... it technically is not needed, but they use it for an added safety. SFP first concern is the safety of the kit as well as the motor... HP is second in their mind. It may be pricey... but you get what you pay for.. Im kinda biased because Ive seen the SFP kit and Ive seen it run. The kit couldnt be any cleaner.. I have not however heard or seen the cybernation kit run. Again.. do your own research with these companies.. talk to them.. tell them what you are looking for in a turbo kit... Make your own judgement call.
    mods:

Stuff

ephatch member
    the thing is i love how the sfp kit looks..very clean set up and looks nice..but i like the auto tune feature that the cybernation kit offers..ill just hold of to see more opinions from people who have kits and do some more research. thanks

but you have to keep in mind the self tuning computer against a tech tuning your car. I have the sfp turbo kit and it is great hp is awesome, and like other people said it just looks so much nicer than the CN. I was down there last friday and saw a CN kit on an EP and did not like it at all, The aquamist is just something to cool the motor so actually it is safer to have. And it is not that much to maintain i mean its like $4 to fill it. The kit is great and i would personally give anyone the recommendation to get it. It is my daily driver and i love driving it now. If you have any question just post again and i will gladly try to answer your questions.

Pikachu... I was talking with "Most-wanted" this past weekend and he mentioned your name and we just started laughing.... what is a pikachu??? Just curious..
    mods:

Stuff

I also would personally want my engine manually tuned... and not "automatically" Because if something goes a bit wrong... I would want to know...It would be a neat concept.. but I personally would like to know exactly what my car is tuned too and NOT rely on a computer to make everything correct. Even though it is a computer, there is still human error involved... its called programming..
    mods:

Stuff

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    it also will support a laptop interface and software just like the Hondata PRO flash... You won't be flyin blind.

MUST choose what u feel comfortable with tho. If that's SFP - go for it dude! ;)

Eric

ephatch member
    Also keep in mind if power is what you want then both of them are more than you can imagine. About the external gate, they are both just about the same kit. One power proven fact is that when the k20-a3 uses bigger injectors on boost it delivers more Hp. My car was tested at CN with440 injectors and then 550's and instantly jumped 10 Hp.
    I have to admit I like the bends on the SFP kit, but bends don't make Hp. they take it. Either kit will blow you & everyone else away litteraly but I am very happy with my CN kit and I'm sure you to will be very pleased with your choise.

tell you the truth dj it kinda cracks me up too its just a nick name and it stuck with me

There are many good points but getting back to the beginning the guardian also changes your rev limit so that is not an issue against hondata and now they are saying it goes well with hondata and a laptop and that is just more money spend a little just get hondata and let the tech worry about tuning your car then you get the see the power curve and make sure nothing is wrong with the whole no dyno thing it is kinda of a worry.

But yes they will both make more than enough power but SFP also has looks, with the power, CN's kit is not very pretty, and when i pay that kind of money i want looks with the power. And just the craftsmanship of the SFP kit is amazing and their tuning is awesome.

I had the choice and i chose SFP becuase i wanted my money out of my kit and so far if i had the choice i would go with SFP again.

ephatch member

Custom Turbo

With the on set of the Hondata KPro ECU. I would recommend piecing the kit together and having it tuned. We just tuned a KPro with a RevHard kit. See dyno here

I like the SFP kit... we are using there components in conjunction with the Hondata and some of our own parts on a Turbo K20A2 swap in an EM1.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Thanks,

ephatch member

Talking

OK, you all knew I'd post soon or later. SychoSly-Both are competetive in price and power. Both make about 270hp and 215tq at 6psi. As for my kit, I keep hearing negative comments about aquamist and can't understand why people are afraid of it. It is only a precautionary measure to keep intake temps low on such a high compression motor. Thats it. It costs exactly .97cents for a bottle of 91% alcolhol which is mixed 50% with water. So it costs about 50cents which lasts a few days. I just did a trip to Tampa and back(350miles)and only used a half a bottle. And believe me, I abuse the BOOST! Compare total cost, looks, performance gains, and listen to all the stories(pros and cons) and make an edjucated decision on what suits you best. You can pm me for detailed info and pics on my kit. You can also call SFP for more specifics as I can't explain everything the way they can. Talk with Scott or Frank.

Brian

ephatch member

One more thing.

As for esmith13's statement-Just to clarify, I was not using Hondata when I made the mid 260hp run. I was on the stock ecu and stock rev limit. As for the 300 hp pass, which is now well over 300hp, I am using Hondata but am only at 7500rpm rev limit.....

Thread Information