Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HIDs

HIDs

Whats the best HIDs for the price?

Varies on many factors.
    What kind specific hid setup are you looking at?

a 7000k-8000k conversion

Originally posted by pHatSI07
    a 7000k-8000k conversion
    if you wanna see ANYTHING in the rain or other inclimate weather, get somethin 6500 or lower...

lower color temp=more white light :winkm:

i recommend 5500-6500, that will give you the blue/white/purple light you would usually want and i think would be what youre lookin for...

-Mike:smilem:

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    I think it depends on what you want...5-6k kits are ideal if you actually want functioning HID's...7k+ for more bling and less function. I saw 8k's on an accord...ehhhh...

Also, there's some kits right now that are going for 300ish, but the lack of quality is apparent compared to xenondepot's phillip's kits. The other ones are still a great buy though, don't get me wrong. The pics I saw though were lacking some protective wear that the phillip's kits come with that i'd personally prefer to have, but then again I have a phillip's kit so i'm sorta biased....

thanx for the imput guys, will the 5500-6500 be yellowish? i don't want that

ephatch member
    nope, it shoiuld be straight up white. with a hint of blue/purple in it. SLIGHT SLIGHT tint

ephatch member
    i just got a 6k kit from superhids.com
    just installed today and i like them. they do light up the road more and thats why i got them. i could care less about the bling factor. it did come with a protective shield around the bulb as well.

do i really need a hi and low beam?

ephatch member
    if you want to pass inspection you need hi and low beams to work. if you dont need to flash oncoming traffic or what not then no need to. Its really easy to put it baack to stock to get it inspected.

Originally posted by jaepoori
    if you want to pass inspection you need hi and low beams to work. if you dont need to flash oncoming traffic or what not then no need to. Its really easy to put it baack to stock to get it inspected.
    Does the flash-to-pass still work with the high/low HIDs? I've been told that it doesn't and that it's also bad for the bulbs because they don't like to turn on and off quickly.

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    I have the 8000K mcculloch kit. Its pretty much bluish color. You can see really well in rain still. Its going to be way brighter than stock still. I think the color factor mainly comes into play if your using colored halogen bulbs.

It all depends on brand as well. They even sell colored 6000K HID's in Korea. Like a buddy of mine in West Seattle has a 2000 2.5 RS Turbo with a set of those... they are purple colored 6000K. He is from Taiwan and said that the thing there that a lot of them do to their cars are 6000K green colored. I dunno... it doesn't make sense. I know what he is talking about. But that doesn't expalin the color code with the thousand K thinga-ma-bob.

BLah Blah.. I'm rambling on :)

Oh, I think I might know what they do... like the way the color the glass on the halogen bulbs to make them appear white. They probably have a tinted 6000K bulb. ;-)

NEWBIE HERE

i am thinking about getting a set of HIDs also, but i want what my friend has something in the 4700k-5000k white as possible, but i heard that EP's don't have HIDs with highbeams, is that true (even though i konw you probably won't need it, except for inspection)? Any suggestions on what brand or setup I should get?

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    you can buy dualbeam hid kits for the ep(H4). it will cost alittle more but you get both beams.

NEWBIE HERE

Thankx 2fastcivic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information