Close

Thread: Rear Strut Bar

ssvr6

Rear Strut Bar

I jumped on the band wagon and beat out ALL of you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...865125157&rd=1

Heh Heh...I should be installing it next weekend since I'll be at Disney from tomorrow till Monday.

Steve

DAMN!! i thought I got the cheapest price @ 12.00 you got me beat LOL--joe :)

ssvr6
    Ok, was this thing supposed to come with some hardware? If not, what's everyone using?

Steve

atl-si
    Got mine from them yesterday and put them on. Feels better around corners. Hardware is supposed to come with it I guess since I took about 30 minutes to install.

SSVR6,

What are u missing?

ssvr6
    All I have is a bar. That's it.

Steve

Originally posted by ssvr6
    All I have is a bar. That's it.

Steve
    damn man! that sucks. They sent me the brackets, but they were both for the passenger side shock tower. So I email them and they email me back saying to send the brackets to them and they'll send me the right ones. So I had to pay for shipping to send them back. They sent the right ones to me....must have been for yours and they took them outta the box to send to me :D

ssvr6
    Well, I have a bar and the 2 end brackets to be specific.

Steve

ssvr6
    Just clarified. (I called them.) Since I didn't look (and didn't know) the towers have bolts on them that I use for the install. I should be installing them when I get home if it's easy enough.

Does anyone know what size they nuts are? (I'm lazy and don't want to lug all my shit down stairs.)

Steve

atl-si
    So you did get the bolt and nut like this......
    link

If you did, install isn't that long or hard. I forget what the size of nut is.

ssvr6
    I got that exact piece, I was concerned that there were a bag of bolts for mounting it that I didn't get.

Steve

Originally posted by ssvr6
    Just clarified. (I called them.) Since I didn't look (and didn't know) the towers have bolts on them that I use for the install. I should be installing them when I get home if it's easy enough.

Does anyone know what size they nuts are? (I'm lazy and don't want to lug all my shit down stairs.)

Steve
    ah, okay, I though you didn't get the brackets. yeah, you use the existing nuts that hold the shock tower. Just use a rachet, 6" extension, and a 14mm socket. If you don't have a 14mm socket a 9/16 will work, but make sure not to round off the nut

Thread Information