Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New ICE!!!

One mans "flair" is another mans "rice".

Like I said before, its a very nice install. I used to be an installer and you did just as good as I would have but some advice. Its a bad idea to put the crossover on the door. The constant slamming of the door could destroy the crossover. It happened to my fosgate fanatic Q setup. I wasnt a happy camper when my 500 set of speakers stop working. By the way nice amp!

I just dont like painted anything on the inside of ANY car.

Cheers,scott

so you calling what i did Rice? and the crossover is very secure in the door i doubt very seriously that it will get damaged.
    if it does its under warenty anyway so who cares.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Great clean install........Looks good Dan. The red adds some flair.....Good job!

How do you like the Polks? I had a set in my old Civic and used to love how warm they were.
    Mel

Originally posted by 03SiGuy
    so you calling what i did Rice? and the crossover is very secure in the door i doubt very seriously that it will get damaged.
    if it does its under warenty anyway so who cares.
    Its a little ricey to me.

About the crossover, mine was secure to. Its not about being secure, it about the jolt its gets everytime you close the door. Yeah is under warranty but you have to spend the time to take the door panel off and replace everything.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Z26
    Its a little ricey to me.

About the crossover, mine was secure to. Its not about being secure, it about the jolt its gets everytime you close the door. Yeah is under warranty but you have to spend the time to take the door panel off and replace everything.
    Hmmm....if that was the case, we would all have problems with our crossovers from hitting bumps, potholes and the incredible rumbling of bass. I've had my crossovers mounted in the doors of 3 different cars with no problems. Some of them for as long as 4 years...
    Mel

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    Hmmm....if that was the case, we would all have problems with our crossovers from hitting bumps, potholes and the incredible rumbling of bass. I've had my crossovers mounted in the doors of 3 different cars with no problems. Some of them for as long as 4 years...

I never had a problem mounting the crossovers in the door untill the fosgates busted. It was just bad luck but I have learned my lesson.

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    Great clean install........Looks good Dan. The red adds some flair.....Good job!

How do you like the Polks? I had a set in my old Civic and used to love how warm they were.
    hey mel.
    im loving the polks ALOT!!!

The crossovers should be fine mounted in the doors there are no moving parts inside of a crossover everything is secured very well. They are designed to take abuse inside cars

Originally posted by Z26
    I never had a problem mounting the crossovers in the door untill the fosgates busted. It was just bad luck but I have learned my lesson.
    maybe it was because fosgate is garbage.

maybe it was because fosgate is garbage.
    Are you out of paint yet? I wanted to start painting every peice of plastic in my car.

Oh I forgot how good Polks are, thanks for reminding me.

I like the tweeter rings looks good. Dont hate on someones elese ride just because you dont like there style. Its kinda pointless playing the my shlong is bigger then yours game on the net. get over it

Hey, looking good... I see you finally installed everything, it looksvery clean.. ;) As for mounting the crossover, I just drilled 2 holes in the door and screwed them in and also backed it with 3M DS tape.. Thats not going anywhere... :D How did the wiring go? Was it a b*tch to re-run the speaker wirez?

hey man, yea its all finally in. as far as running the wires through to the doors. it was actually pretty easy thanks to a trusty coat hanger, some electrical tape and some black magic tire shine to give it some sort of lubrication. to run the wires through the doors i first ran the coat hanger from inside the car through the rubber grommets in the door jam, then puled soem of the coat hanger out of the speaker hole so that i could tape the wire to the coat hanger then sprayed some tire shine on the tape and wire, then just slowly pulled it through. i am very pleased with the way the speakers sound and the instal. as far as the crossovers in the doors i first drilled piolet holes, then i used #10 1/2inch stainless steel screws to mount them. there not going anywhere.

Originally posted by Z26
    Are you out of paint yet? I wanted to start painting every peice of plastic in my car.

Oh I forgot how good Polks are, thanks for reminding me.
    why would i be out of paint after just painting the Very small tweeter rings? if you would like ill ship you the left over paint so you can rice out your interior like i did.
    like dtexan said "Dont hate on someones elese ride just because you dont like there style" if you dont have anything good to say stop posting in my thread!!! KTHNXBYE Beotch :)

"Dont hate on someones elese ride just because you dont like there style"

Style?

I'm done with this. If your still doing this crap to your car why not just get the led washers and some spining hubcaps for your whip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information