Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

JDM suspension parts

what are some good JDM brands that fit our EP's? i am looking into buying some strut bars, and i want to start getting good JDM brands because they are built better and they are just plain better, simple as that.

Anything that's available in the Japan for the EP3 is available in the USA. Remember that Hondas are not at the top of the list of aftermarket companies because Hondas aren't too popular for modifying in Japan. The market for Honda performance parts in the USA is much bigger per capita than in Japan. The only EP3 Type-R guy I met out here had TODA FIGHTEX coilvers on his EP. I'm sure those aren't popular in the states, so if you want to be different, get those....that is, if you can afford them. I'm sure they don't come cheap.

im asking about strut bars... i already have springs and struts... i want some JDM strut bars. any suggestions anybody? money isnt too much of an issue really.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    There is this company called Carbing. They make a a lot of really good, but affordable strut bars and such. They are super rare in the US market. I've been in contact with their guy in charge of foreign relations trying to find out more about their products and where to purchase them. But, he hasn't replied to my last message and that was about a month ago. I think he just got tired of trying to read/write English only to make one little sale. They basically have 2 types of strut bars. Type-1 is your basic bar, Type-2 attaches to the firewall. Either type is available in steel or aluminum and the steel bars are powdercoated white, which I find to be really sweet. For the EP they have front upper, rear upper, and rear lower bars, as well as a 6 point sub-frame brace. The only vendor I know of in the US is Password:JDM at www.passwordjdm.com. Their basic Type-1 steel (white) bar is only $130. Here is a pic.

Off hand, I know there are bars by Mr. Alex and Spoon Sports. I'm sure there are others.

Holding Monster says: dustinhurley's Avatar
    I forgot to mention, most of the JDM bars require modifications in order to fit. Like Spoon and Carbing. The J's Racing/Mr. Alex bars do fit though. I think all you have to do is slightly move the fluid reserviors, but I don't know where to move them or whatnot. I haven't really looked at it much.

Cusco rear upper strut bar for dc5.
    Stock CTR rear upper bar fits.
    CTR rear sway bar (22mm) But I see that you have Progress setup already.
    Mugen rear upper tie bar fits.

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar
    Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
    Cusco rear upper strut bar for dc5.
    lol, you love that rear upper strut bar dont you!, almost every post ive seen (maybe just coincidence) has had that cuscu bar mensioned in it. does it really make that big of a difference? interested!! lol
    just thought it was kinda funny...

joHn

is there a cusco front upper strut bar? cuz i dont want a rear one, i want a front one... will this fit on our car? help me out here.

ephatch member
    Check this guy out www.hondawerx.com, He gets Mr. Alex, J's Racing and Spoon. The only bars that will fit the US Spec ep3 is either the Mr. Alex or the J's Racing, do to the master cylinder location in the US Spec's. You can reach him via AOL or AIM as hondawerx, or sales@hondawerx or call him at 1-618-203-7304.

im gonna go with the mr. alex front strut bar. it is still on sale at hondawerx i believe. for 160 shipped... it is not a bad deal at all i dont think. just waitin a week for my ebay auctions to end.:D

a fellow ephatcher told me he has the spoon front strut bar and it fits fine, to the best of his knowledge... does anybody else have this bar? cuz if they do, its the route im going... i will get the front AND rear SPOON strut bars. anybody?

I thought it was a pretty well-known fact that one of the reservoirs had to be moved in order for it to fit the USDM EP... How did your friend do it?

Without modification:

- Mr. Alex front tower strut brace
    - Spoon rear tower strut brace
    - Mugen 25mm rear sway bar

;)

I know, but he said that his friend got the front Spoon bar to fit fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information