Close

Thread: I

Question I

I

VERY weird you said that, because tonight i was cruising in neutral and i looked down and i was at 500? i was like what the hell is this, and revved the engine, but it kept dropping down to 500. after about 3 minutes it went away. i'l lhave to keep my eye out for it.`

wow sounds bad... maybe a blown head gasket or busted piston rings, messed up throttle cable???

check the spark plugs and make sure the spark plug wires are on securely... and next time it does that check the exhaust and see what kinda smell/colour of smoke is coming out... can't remember what colours you should watch out for... but black means oil for sure...

if its making any weird sounds get out and listen to the motor... most good mechanics can tell the problem your car is having just by listening to it run... (thats what I learned in auto class... but then we worked on domestics!)

good luck!

probably some kind of idle control valve or idler adjustment thing-ama-bob thats gone bad... i DOUBT its anything serious or else the check engine light would of come on by now...

sounds like you have an electrical load of maybe turn signal, brake pedal press , lights on or after market radio check this stuffs first if that doesnt work is still under warranty.:D

ephatch member
    sounds like you need a trip to the dealer...

2500 posts gone. specialblend154's Avatar
    yeah i kinda have the same issue. sometimes when i start my car after like running into 711 and its still warm it will return to idle rpm's and then it struggles for a second and will go down to about 500 or 600 then quickly it goes back up.. i didnt really think to much of it but my maint req is on now but i just hit 22500 so is that cause i need my honda scheduled maintnece? cause my check engine went on at 15000 or something like that and thats all i needed.. thanks Guy

try a fuel injector cleaner

Thread Information