Close

front OR rear strut bar?

which one would improve the handling more? i have a progress rear sway bar w/ the tie bar as well... and i am looking to buy a strut bar, but i dont know which i should buy. which one would help me more with cornering and handling?? any help would be appreciated.

Re: front OR rear strut bar?

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    which one would improve the handling more? i have a progress rear sway bar w/ the tie bar as well... and i am looking to buy a strut bar, but i dont know which i should buy. which one would help me more with cornering and handling?? any help would be appreciated.
    If you like your Progress rear tie, which I love mine for sure.. . .maybe you should start w/the front sway bar first. It's a big stiffy and expels a lot of the oversteer and handling problems I had in stock form. I'll be honest, when I added my Neuspeed front strut tower bar, I did not notice a bit of difference in handling. Of course I already had the Progress sways/tie bar.

Also w/just the sways, the car handled like on of those old tyco race track cars that you stuck in that little slot in the track. . .Really great handling w/the Progress products. That's my opinion:)

how much is the progress front sway? i didnt even think about that... does it have a tie bar or anything? im kinda new at this suspension stuff, so please help me out. ill have around 500 bucks, and i want to get a header too out of that, so if you could find a place where i can get a header and a progress front sway, then id LOVE it. thanks again man.

do the rear sway. Ep front sway is pretty large so upgrading the rear would hopefully give the car a more neutral feel.

how much is the progress front sway? i didnt even think about that... does it have a tie bar or anything? im kinda new at this suspension stuff, so please help me out. ill have around 500 bucks, and i want to get a header too out of that, so if you could find a place where i can get a header and a progress front sway, then id LOVE it. thanks again man.
    http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...odelDesc=Civic

27mm front sway bar.
    $149.95+Shipping.
    Front sway bar doesn't have tie bar...
    Originally posted by !@#$%
    do the rear sway. Ep front sway is pretty large so upgrading the rear would hopefully give the car a more neutral feel.
    He has Progress rear sway bar setup already.

get the neuspeed front bar and then go buy the ebay rear strut bar. It fits well and you can atcually feel the difference. I bought mine mostly for look but i was suprised when it stiffened up the rear end.

Putting in a bigger front sway will actually increase the understeer. I have the Progress Front and Rear and my baby understeers like a pig.
    What the front sway bar will do is decrease the body roll even more, and improve the turn in.

Originally posted by mlkelley68
    Putting in a bigger front sway will actually increase the understeer. I have the Progress Front and Rear and my baby understeers like a pig.
    What the front sway bar will do is decrease the body roll even more, and improve the turn in.
    you need to insert some negative camber up front... -2 degrees did it for me... feels much more neutral now!

i also believe the brake upgrade helped alot becasue now all i have to do is stab the brakes to get the weight to shift forward so that the tires bite in the turns and it feels really good... i'm happy.
    Last edited by glw; 03-13-2004 at 10:33 PM.

so is the front sway a good thing or no? what is understeer? im a newb i guess... help me out.

so is the front sway a good thing or no? what is understeer? im a newb i guess... help me out.
    Just my opinion, but I wish I hadn't done it. It all really depends on what you want from your car.

Understeer is when you are pushing it hard in a turn and your car tends to go straight. This is a safe way for handling to be set up because it will also slow you down.

Thread Information