Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Ep3 Top Speed, done!

Ep3 Top Speed, done!

Ok guys I did something stupider than doing a Top Speed run on public streets. That

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    that doesn't strike me as smart.

Originally posted by downhil
    that doesn't strike me as smart.

There

Thats funny cuz I have had mine going 138-139 already on stock tires with exhaust and a cold air intake.

ephatch member
    I've had mine up to the 145 mark. It took awhile, but it will creap up there.

Originally posted by Most-Wanted
    I've had mine up to the 145 mark. It took awhile, but it will creap up there.
    holy cow, you must've had some crazy mods... or one hell of a tailwind!

please do that again. also tape it. I'd like to see the look on your face when the rubber on your tires rips through the sheet metal and decapitates you.

hostility aside, you realize your tires can and will fly off the hubs in that kind of situation, right? were you alone in the shop when you did this? did NOBODY warn you?

What are you a "downy"? Ever hear of wind resistance, friction, and engine load? If you believe that's a true representation of the vehicles actual top speed than you probably also believe the SRT4 is the fastest car ever.

Don't forget your helmet before getting strapped into the short bus.

Originally posted by jsmonet
    please do that again. also tape it. I'd like to see the look on your face when the rubber on your tires rips through the sheet metal and decapitates you.

hostility aside, you realize your tires can and will fly off the hubs in that kind of situation, right? were you alone in the shop when you did this? did NOBODY warn you?
    You ask him not to do it again, yet you ask him to tape it :confusem:

Ryan I have to agree about this not being one of the best things to do, yet we could say that about something that everyone has done here. So please don't do that again, cause we wouldn't want to see/hear anything bad happen :)

Jon

the guy hits 136 with no friction and no wind resistance, and says that GEARING is what limited his top speed, and some momo says he got to 145 on the street. My experience agrees with the 136, which i hit on the freeway and bounced off the rev-limiter.

unless you have hondata (higher fuel cut-off), or a different set of gears, you CANT go any faster. Intake and exhaust won't change a gearing limted top speed, and neither will a turbo.

MY BABE & EP3= ALL I NEED
    Ehh fuck it man, you guys quit givin him shit, if he set it up right then dont worry about it. Maybe if your mom or dad or child was in the car you would have a reason to yell, but honestly your more likely to get eaten by a shark.....oh fuck..im goin to the beach tomorrow, so i dont wanna think about that over here in the red triangle.....anyways, thanks for the info EPPilot.... take care, and go easy on him guys, he was only tryin to help.... yes wind, friction, etc is a factor but thats how many cars are tested though, but with a few added factors...... thanks, dave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hamlet9634
    [B]the guy hits 136 with no friction and no wind resistance, and says that GEARING is what limited his top speed, and some momo says he got to 145 on the street.

LMAO :D ...that's priceless! Seriously though: last summer I was driving toward St. John coming back from Halifax on a wide open stretch of road and I had the beast up to about 212kph. I think that's around 132mph. That's with fortified suspension and Bridgestone S-03's. On top of that, I was running an AEM CAI, Comptech headers, and the Comptech catback exhaust system at the time. I'ld have to be on the Salt Flats to get it to go much faster than that...:D

well put dave!I dont know why everyone is saying this was a stupid thing to do. It sounds like it was set up right and there is no doubt that it was much safer than even trying to do it on the streets. Oh, no matter how much wind is at your back, you will not go faster than what gearing will allow, unless you have winds in excess of like 200 mph at your back.

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    Thats nothing, I had mine go up to 179mph

and then I woke up! :smilem:

ephatch member
    Why do you guys ask questions and not believe anything anybody says? I am not afraid of speed. I have done 183 on my race 929 and somewhere near 180 in my R. The hatch speedo goes near 145. Thats all there is to it. Don't believe it, your problem. Maybe I'll have my buddy post here, he was next to me in his 99 Si. We have done it several times. Oh and my boosted hatch wraps the speedo to the other side. Also don't be illusioned by what the speedo says. There is error in those numbers. I was radared at 165 and speedo said 178. Yes we use radar guns:)..................

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information