Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Most-Wanted
    Why do you guys ask questions and not believe anything anybody says? I am not afraid of speed. I have done 183 on my race 929 and somewhere near 180 in my R. The hatch speedo goes near 145. Thats all there is to it. Don't believe it, your problem. Maybe I'll have my buddy post here, he was next to me in his 99 Si. We have done it several times. Oh and my boosted hatch wraps the speedo to the other side. Also don't be illusioned by what the speedo says. There is error in those numbers. I was radared at 165 and speedo said 178. Yes we use radar guns:)..................
    i didnt understand this at all

you went 165 in an Si? or a CTR? or ITR? i dont get it at all

Why do you guys ask questions and not believe anything anybody says? I am not afraid of speed. I have done 183 on my race 929 and somewhere near 180 in my R. The hatch speedo goes near 145. Thats all there is to it. Don't believe it, your problem. Maybe I'll have my buddy post here, he was next to me in his 99 Si. We have done it several times. Oh and my boosted hatch wraps the speedo to the other side. Also don't be illusioned by what the speedo says. There is error in those numbers. I was radared at 165 and speedo said 178. Yes we use radar guns:)..................
    Eh???? Just cause the gauge says that doesn't mean you can go that fast :confusem: Like Tripp says, your post makes little to no sense.

You know what, how about not being stupid and telling people how you drive like a fool. You own radar guns??? Ok where did you get those. You drive that fast for shits and giggles, for what reason. Cause you just want to. You are a perfect reason for why we have laws. What happens when something happens, huh? I have nothing but anger for what you have said.

Originally posted by jsmonet
    please do that again. also tape it. I'd like to see the look on your face when the rubber on your tires rips through the sheet metal and decapitates you.

hostility aside, you realize your tires can and will fly off the hubs in that kind of situation, right? were you alone in the shop when you did this? did NOBODY warn you?
    If you check your car and make sure everything is teight and you have the right rated tires this is for the most part a safe thing.

If you go into a race like Nextel Cup, ARCA, and so on many of the teams you go buy will have the rear end the the car jacked up and have the car in gear to do work on the car. There you are dealing with 100's of people around and the car is just up on jackstands not even a lift like he had it.

ephatch member
    You guys are pathetic. You can buy radar guns anywhere. I work closely with the sheriff's department and race cars. Not that it's any of your business. We use radar guns to tune high output race bikes. My radar speed of 165 was on a 1997 cbr 600, it posted 178 on the speedo. This was done on a private test track at an undisclosed location. I hope this clears up a few things for you assholes.

ephatch member
    And Peking if you open your eyes and read my post, I clearly stated there is error in reading a speedo. That is why we use radar guns. You can suck it!

You guys are pathetic. You can buy radar guns anywhere. I work closely with the sheriff's department and race cars. Not that it's any of your business. We use radar guns to tune high output race bikes. My radar speed of 165 was on a 1997 cbr 600, it posted 178 on the speedo. This was done on a private test track at an undisclosed location. I hope this clears up a few things for you assholes.
    It's time to cool it a bit... all around guys. There is no need for name calling! We are all better than that.

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    too much hostility here... I can't wait for it to get warmer :-) Then we can all kick back in the nice summer sun and sip on some cool ones, eh fella's? :-)

Originally posted by jsmonet
    please do that again. also tape it. I'd like to see the look on your face when the rubber on your tires rips through the sheet metal and decapitates you.

hostility aside, you realize your tires can and will fly off the hubs in that kind of situation, right? were you alone in the shop when you did this? did NOBODY warn you?
    Uh oh...SvA is gonna be all over this one :(

Ok, so there is an error in the speedometer, makes sense since the speed is calculated based on gear and rpm's and we all know are tach is way off. But it seems that if anything the car speedometer would say that it is going faster in the same way the tach reads higher. Then of course there is the problem of gearing, check this out:

Redline: 6800 rpm

1 : 3.062:1
    2 : 1.769:1
    3 : 1.212:1
    4 : 0.921:1
    5 : 0.738:1

Final drive : 4.764:1

Stock Tire Revolutions/Mile: 862

Max Speed: (6800rpm/0.738/4.764/862r/mile)x60min/hour = 134.62 mph

In order to reach 145 mph the tires would have to be 800 revs/mile which is equivalent to a 225/45/18 tire that could never possibly fit in our wheel well anyway. Or if you were going 134 mph and put the car in neutral while you happened to be falling off a cliff you could reach 145mph, but we wouldn't be so lucky.

MY BABE & EP3= ALL I NEED
    And Peking if you open your eyes and read my post, I clearly stated there is error in reading a speedo. That is why we use radar guns. You can suck it!
    Well you can blow me you fuckin cock sucker!

jk, but dont talk shit to Peking, he is a mod and a friend, so he may have came off a bit harsh, but i too was a bit unclear about it when i first read it. Then i saw 929 again and realized you were talking bikes...... btw you sound like james bond with all the top secret info hehe..... anyways, we dont need Q to prove to us you went that fast, i trust ya, anyways, be safe and take care, dave

Originally posted by Rueda del Queso

Redline: 6800 rpm

1 : 3.062:1
    2 : 1.769:1
    3 : 1.212:1
    4 : 0.921:1
    5 : 0.738:1

Final drive : 4.764:1

Stock Tire Revolutions/Mile: 862

Max Speed: (6800rpm/0.738/4.764/862r/mile)x60min/hour = 134.62 mph

Beautiful work.

vouch for most wanted.... when most wanted hit his 144/5 he was riding side by side with my 99 si with minimal mods also most wanted has been on the gun with our frineds at st lucie county sheriffs dept. So any1 that doesnt bleive that either cars can touch 145 come for a ride and ill be MORE THAN happy to show ya and i am sure most wanted wouldnt mine scarin the $hyt out of ya either. And to all you yuppies that say " 145 is too fast" buy a d@mn hover-round or somthin, this post wasnt made for people to wine about loss of control of vehicles it was about top speeds so grandmas and ms daisy`s please do not post, just read,, nod ,, and click . and as for " pealing off rubber" is most wanted`s line of work he is trained to do such speeds in and out of traffic so lets not worry like most wanteds mama... but wait i get it ... maybe its those damn cybernation turbo kits that wont let ya get to 145 .. ur welcome for the ride bitches!!!! .. happy delting moderator

Allz I can say is though the AERO-FACTOR is "out the window" for EP-PILOT (ironic avatar?)...I totally RESPECT you for not doing this on public streets where mother walk around with thier babies.

Thank you.

Damn, doesn't Area 51 have a long, abandoned stretch to test on?
    Last edited by BlasTech; 03-14-2004 at 11:52 PM.

You should have said that in your earlier post. I hope you could understand where I misunderstood your post. So understand that I was angry for what I was reading (not having all the info, was making your post sound like you were doing this on the street).

:confusem: Um... no thanks. Also alittle childish.

But whatever man, also you should read Sir Medic new rules. Harassing posts/PM's will not be tolerated.

[QUOTE]Most-Wanted wrote on 03-14-2004 08:32 PM:
    You truly are amazing! You butt right in and talk about something you have no knowledge of. For sport, I tune race cars and race bikes. I also work with DEA, FMP, Sheriff's Dept and several other agencies. At what capacity, that's my business. So keep your nonsense to yourself.[QUOTE]

So I am just supposed to magically know that you do all that. God, explain yourself better, and there will be no problems. Don't get all mad at others who take what you say the wrong way. Cause you did say it a certain way.

Have a nice and safe day :)

Originally posted by danoonez
    Beautiful work.
    there goes danoonez and his physics brain at work... hahahah

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information