Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Originally posted by bobdobbs
    I'll take a measurement at home, or if someone could, please post the height of the stock Michelins...
    Diameter = 24 inches ;)

195/60/15's

hmm my stock tires were at 19 psi(&still are) when it hit 138. I've always thought my speedo was pretty accurate and the tach was off in the upper ranges.

ephatch member

For all the non-believer's!!!

This is to show that my car's will do the speeds I'm talking about. I cannot vouch for anyone else, but this is my proof. These cars will go these speeds and here is a picture of the speedometer to prove it. This is on my boosted car and yes the speedo is in the clear past the 145 mark. My stock car may be a tad slower on overall top speed, but all I stated was it was near the 145 mark, and it was.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 03-20-2004 at 05:15 PM.

Thumbs down

thumbs down for red x

ive never seen a faster red x as well

Re: For all the non-believer's!!!

Originally posted by Most-Wanted
    This is to show that my car's will do the speeds I'm talking about. I cannot vouch for anyone else, but this is my proof. These cars will go these speeds and here is a picture of the speedometer to prove it. This is on my boosted car and yes the speedo is in the clear past the 145 mark. My stock car may be a tad slower on overall top speed, but all I stated was it was near the 145 mark, and it was.

You have Hondata? I noticed your RPM's are above a stock EP's full cut off. If you have a higher full cut off then you will be able to go faster then a stock ep.

ephatch member
    My limit is only set at 7500 on the boost car. And that is why I put more than 1 picture, to show where the speedo would be at stock cut off. Look again and you'll see it is still above 140mph. Even with pictures you all still talk shit. Oh well, you all must have a bad bunch of Si's if you can't get them near 140. Too bad for you!!!

Why didn't you just say from the beginning that you had a raised rev-limiter? Obviously it is possible to go above 134.62 with a higher fuel cut-off. With 7500 rpm, that's up to 148.5 mph so I don't doubt you went that fast. If you had said that from the beginning there wouldn't have been so much argument, jeez.

ephatch member
    OMG! What is the confusion??? Both my 2003 EP Hatches will go past the 140mph mark on the speedo. One is heavily modded, the other is basically stock. The stock car has done it several times. I guess I will just have to take pictures of it's speedo also to prove it. It is like arguing with kids at this site. Grow up!

Originally posted by Rueda del Queso
    Why didn't you just say from the beginning that you had a raised rev-limiter? If you had said that from the beginning there wouldn't have been so much argument, jeez.
    Exactly :confusem:

OMG! What is the confusion??? Both my 2003 EP Hatches will go past the 140mph mark on the speedo. One is heavily modded, the other is basically stock. The stock car has done it several times. I guess I will just have to take pictures of it's speedo also to prove it. It is like arguing with kids at this site. Grow up!
    Dude it seems like you got some issues. No one is arguing with you You are making a big deal over nothing. Take a step back and breath. Cause the only one acting like a kid is you :D

I should have added this the first time, but had to leave to go to school. We have to take more care in what we post and how we react to what is posted. It is easy to get the wrong idea, and is difficult to see what and how the other person really is trying to say something. After seeing your ride, I fully believe what you are saying. Yet I do fell the earlier posts might give the wrong idea to those who are less experienced.

ephatch member
    Peking- Funny, you didn't have that attitude when I was talking to you face to face in Daytona.

Rueda- There is no confusion, my stock car is at stock rev limit and also tops over 140mph. If you look at the tach at stock limit, it is also over 140.

Peking- Funny, you didn't have that attitude when I was talking to you face to face in Daytona.

Rueda- There is no confusion, my stock car is at stock rev limit and also tops over 140mph. If you look at the tach at stock limit, it is also over 140.
    That is cause I let it go from that stuff before, in person you are a cool dude. Yet when reading this stuff, I have to say you need to remember that folks are going off of what you post. So having complete info is key. I forgot to put a smiley at the end of my post, letting you know that I was joking. Why would I really say you are acting like a kid when you are older than me with a hot girl friend and a sweet ride :tongue: :D

ephatch member
    Fair enough, I miss understood your reply. I tend to get a bit on the defensive side. You saw the car, you know how it run's. Can you blame me??? I am only trying to get people to understand you can have great reliability and massive HP. And for the most part, all I hear is how shitty aqua mist and SFP is. Oh well, I'm out of breathe on all this and am going to have fun with my car. I will be posting the times it puts out on Wednesday. It was good to meet you and hope you enjoyed Daytona.

Fair enough, I miss understood your reply. I tend to get a bit on the defensive side. You saw the car, you know how it run's. Can you blame me??? I am only trying to get people to understand you can have great reliability and massive HP. And for the most part, all I hear is how shitty aqua mist and SFP is. Oh well, I'm out of breathe on all this and am going to have fun with my car. I will be posting the times it puts out on Wednesday. It was good to meet you and hope you enjoyed Daytona.
    Yeah, we all become defensive here once and a while. I usually keep a pretty nice guy image yet have been known to be harsh from time to time.

Your right the car is very impressive, can't blame you for that. And over time and learning I can see and understand that reliability is possible (and has been done) with huge numbers. With the right knowledge and funds, you could run forever.

It was great meeting ya'll and looking forward to next year. You guys coming to Nopi in Sept? If so you should show with us :D

hey mostwanted.......that silver si with turbo, is that yours???if, where can i get that red vinily you put on your taillight???i want one......hows the turbo going?anyproblem???i'm still confuse if i'll get turbo or supercharge. any tip>>??

thanks from speedking

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information