Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking long time crx owner ... now have my ep

here is my si ! i need to take some more pics but here is one to start with. I have owned 3 crx's before this so i am not new to the honda world. I swapped a b16 into one of my crx's and done endless other mods to the engine/body/suspension/interior of all my crx's. Just wanted to get something with more luxury and something that was built in this decade. So here I am !! let me know what you think.

http://www.jsxzone.com/pics/si_11.jpg

aren't you a past member here? i remember that car. apc kit with white stockies... nice car... and welcome!

uhm....where have a seen that car before?
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

degasisj,

I am the other way around, I have always had the civic hatch (4 of them in all), and my EP3 is my first Si hatch...but I've ALWAYs pined for the CRX... (I had a first smooch in one, among other things).

Now that I autocross, I see my friend with his $1700 CRX getting fastest-time-of-day... but he trailers it, and I've got to have something I can take to work and back every day...and something I can rely on to protect me from deisel fumes (my kryptonite), and something I can rely on 5-10 yrs from now... so I stick to the new EP3, and buy coilovers that cost more than a CRX.

Thats my CRX rant. Welcome. :)

Originally posted by BlasTech
    so I stick to the new EP3, and buy coilovers that cost more than a CRX.

Hahaha, that made my night.

And yes that car does look strangely familiar.

he used to be a memeber here.
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    it was in a painted rim thread. it had 1 gold wheel and 1 bronze wheel in a chop.

hmmm, never been a member here before ... you may have seen me on superhonda. maybe there was someone else with a white si and a apc lip kit ??? but his car must have been sweet too if you all remember it still and of course i am a bit partial to mine so i would think something similar would be hot as well.

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    dude, it was the same pic.

ugh, did I waste my CRX-pining story on somebody who's f'ing with us?

well , lets put it a different way then ... i was thrown off by the post that mentioned 2 different rims on the car ... but i did just buy the car and it was already fixed this way ... didnt exactly want to come right out and say that if i didnt have to ... i am not the guy that buys it and doesnt know wtf he has or what to do with it ... i just sold my last crx a few months ago and wanted to go newer and this is what i ended up with ... i live in phoenix and flew to north dakota to pick this up and drove it home ... i bought it on ebay and that could have been another place you saw the pic.

Well, in that case, alls good with you, you will like the EP...its got a Zen balance of performance and comfort and reliability you wont find anywhere under 19K.

:D

Originally posted by degasisj
    well , lets put it a different way then ... i was thrown off by the post that mentioned 2 different rims on the car ... but i did just buy the car and it was already fixed this way ... didnt exactly want to come right out and say that if i didnt have to ...

Hey man no shame in that. That's better than what we thought you were doing: trying to pass somebody else's car off as your own.

I have to ask for Blastech and myself though...got any pictures of the CRX?:D

Yes, please.

(CRX = wood) :angel:

in order of my crx's my first and last we the most plain "looking"
    my first one had NO mods , then i sold it for a junker one that i completely rebuilt ... body kit, b16, siR hood, rota wheels etc ... but my last one was a sleeper ... lowered 1" via pro kit, poly bushing kit , front and rear strut tower braces, stock rims, b16 w/ type r valve cover, CAI, short shifter, stock rims and exhaust.

http://www.jsxzone.com/pics/yellowcrx.jpg

i am trying to dig up some pics of my 2nd one with the body kit and stuff , if i can find one it will be a real photo and i will scan it and throw it up here for you to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information