Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    SSVR6, you sound like you know a lot. But you are a monkey too. I read your signature you have a Volkswagen! What the heck, you said that BMWs spent time in the workshop, isn't Volkswagen even worst?

To me Volkswagen is a Japanized German car, not worthy of German name.

Why comptech exhaust cost so much? Read, "Stainless Steel"!!!

Of course your average performance shop can make it cheaper but in stainless steel? Who are you kidding???

To me volkswagen is a joke... Even their tuning also... All the good stuffs from Volkswagen came from Audi. What is there to compare anyway?

ssvr6
    Dipshit....Volkswagen and Audi are the same company....

VAG (Volkswagen Audi Gruppe). My 98 GTi VR6 had the Audi rings on MOST of the components on the car. From the windows to under the hood.

Second, I've owned 3 dubs and haven't had any problems (READ: Not one). My point was even if you buy a $45k car, it doesn't mean it's the best. I'm sure my $17k Honda will run trouble free after your average 330ci owner has been back to the stealership 6+ times.

High Cost does not always equal quality and performance.

Third, you can have an exhaust custom made from stainless. It's not like Comptech has the market on stainless steel and they're the only ones that have their exhausts made from it. And yes, your average performance shop can make a cheaper exhaust out of stainless. Do some research before you make blanket statements.

Steve

Originally posted by LordKoo
    To me Volkswagen is a Japanized German car, not worthy of German name.
    WTF is a Japanized german car? From what I can see, Honda is trying to emulate VW Passat with their new Accord. If you're trying to say that VW is trying to copy Si with their GTi, then I have another thing coming for you. VW Golf GTi was created BEFORE the first Si was. VW is also a much older company than Honda is. If anything, Honda is trying to be more like Volkswagen and not vice versa. The only advantage Honda may have over VW is the fact that Honda is PERCEIVED as a more reliable car manufacturer. But in this day, most new imported cars will last 200,000 miles if maintained properly.

DrPimpSiR

Why comptech exhaust cost so much?

It's because of their name.

okay, I need to take my self off the mailing list for this damn thread

ssvr6
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    okay, I need to take my self off the mailing list for this damn thread
    LOL!

Steve

ehhh my molding
    Originally posted by DrPimpSiR

It's because of their name.
    maybe it has something to to with the research and development they put into it. or the materials. saying comptech costs alot because of there name is not accurate. most other production exhaust companies are good brands too. you don't think their pricing is because of their name?
    And, yes you could have some muffler shop make you a cheaper exhaust. hey they could make you a cheaper intake also. and you could just make your own bodykit! then you wouldn't be out any funds. or you could just buy an exhaust from some company that researched it, went through all sorts of fitment tests and released a product they could stand behind. why not just front the extra money and have a nice exhaust?

ssvr6
    Originally posted by ehhh my molding

maybe it has something to to with the research and development they put into it. or the materials. saying comptech costs alot because of there name is not accurate. most other production exhaust companies are good brands too. you don't think their pricing is because of their name?
    And, yes you could have some muffler shop make you a cheaper exhaust. hey they could make you a cheaper intake also. and you could just make your own bodykit! then you wouldn't be out any funds. or you could just buy an exhaust from some company that researched it, went through all sorts of fitment tests and released a product they could stand behind. why not just front the extra money and have a nice exhaust?

This is my point and I'll say it only one more time. There are few things that I'll buy where name and quality are the first and foremost. I/H/E are not one of them. They're a bunch of pipes for Christ's sake!

If and when I'm ready for engine work, I'll spend NOTHING but top dollar on my car. The same for my suspension. I don't want to ride on cheap crap. Money is no object when it comes to that.

IHE however is easy, I'm sorry, it is. So, I get what works, what's cheapest, and easy to get. It's all hidden so it doesn't need to be pretty or flashy. (I hate that crap anyway.)

Steve

ehhh my molding
    Originally posted by ssvr6

This is my point and I'll say it only one more time. There are few things that I'll buy where name and quality are the first and foremost. I/H/E are not one of them. They're a bunch of pipes for Christ's sake!

If and when I'm ready for engine work, I'll spend NOTHING but top dollar on my car. The same for my suspension. I don't want to ride on cheap crap. Money is no object when it comes to that.

IHE however is easy, I'm sorry, it is. So, I get what works, what's cheapest, and easy to get. It's all hidden so it doesn't need to be pretty or flashy. (I hate that crap anyway.)

Steve
    thats cool that quality isn't important when purchasing and intake exhaust or headers. i don't see why you don't just carry that theme over into the rest of your car. if your so willing to spend top dollar on the rest of your car, why not on those items? are you even gonna build a motor?

ssvr6
    Let me be more specific. I'm not dropping $400+ on a cat back so I can pay for their R&D, marketing, etc.. When I can pay $150 for THE SAME FUCKING THING! That's my point. I don't need some bling, bling fart pipe, the stock muffler is fine. I don't need a polished stainless pipe either. As for quality, the shop I'm going to does nothing but the best so I know what I'm getting is quality. I'm not going to Meineke for a freaking crush bent (while I have cotemplated it).

As for the intake, I have an Injen CAI. Good for me and most others. I don't need the $400 Comptech unit. I'm not scared of taking on a puddle and my CAI is fine. The HP header is also fine. Good unit, from what I can see of it, well built as well.

Just because it's $200 shipped it's not quality. I didn't know that $330+ meant I'm getting the best.

Steve

ehhh my molding
    Originally posted by ssvr6
    Let me be more specific. I'm not dropping $400+ on a cat back so I can pay for their R&D, marketing, etc.. When I can pay $150 for THE SAME FUCKING THING! That's my point. I don't need some bling, bling fart pipe, the stock muffler is fine. I don't need a polished stainless pipe either. As for quality, the shop I'm going to does nothing but the best so I know what I'm getting is quality. I'm not going to Meineke for a freaking crush bent (while I have cotemplated it).

As for the intake, I have an Injen CAI. Good for me and most others. I don't need the $400 Comptech unit. I'm not scared of taking on a puddle and my CAI is fine. The HP header is also fine. Good unit, from what I can see of it, well built as well.

Just because it's $200 shipped it's not quality. I didn't know that $330+ meant I'm getting the best.

Steve

bling bling fartpipe....? you are a retard.
    i don't give a fuck what you run...but if you are saving money so you can "spend nothing but top dollar" on your engine. then you'd better do that to justify the shitty parts on the rest of your car.

Steve,
    do your homework again... Volkswagen brought Audi, period.

No matter what, you are comparing apples and oranges, not the same league. Why don't you try buying that POS Passat W8 and then compare against the same price BMW?

A friend of mine works as technician for Volkswagen and Audi told me that those cars are nothing but problems. Your word versus his.

I am sure you brought a Honda has a safeguard in case your passat breaks or visit garage.

So far, I have not seen a performance muffler shop that will do stainless steel mandrel piping for cheap. My point is, if comptech will come up with that kit, whereas it is more cost efficient to buy it from them, then do it. If you cannot afford it, take your crap else where buy something cheap without a brand.

cheap do not mean good, brand does not mean good either! It is subjective! Have a banana!

ssvr6
    bling bling fartpipe....? you are a retard.
    i don't give a fuck what you run...but if you are saving money so you can "spend nothing but top dollar" on your engine. then you'd better do that to justify the shitty parts on the rest of your car.
    Right, I forgot that Injen and HP are shit. I also forgot that custom mandrel bent piping (like the stuff profesional racers use) is shit too. I'm sure that my Honda Muffler is a steaming pile of shit while I'm at it.

Wow, great insight Einstein.

Steve

ssvr6
    Steve,
    do your homework again... Volkswagen brought Audi, period.

No matter what, you are comparing apples and oranges, not the same league. Why don't you try buying that POS Passat W8 and then compare against the same price BMW?

A friend of mine works as technician for Volkswagen and Audi told me that those cars are nothing but problems. Your word versus his.

I am sure you brought a Honda has a safeguard in case your passat breaks or visit garage.

So far, I have not seen a performance muffler shop that will do stainless steel mandrel piping for cheap. My point is, if comptech will come up with that kit, whereas it is more cost efficient to buy it from them, then do it. If you cannot afford it, take your crap else where buy something cheap without a brand.

cheap do not mean good, brand does not mean good either! It is subjective! Have a banana!
    I'm sure you're a know it all when it comes to VW's and Audis. You're right, I should get rid of my Passat now while it works so I can buy a car with a personality...like the Accord.

I bought a Honda because I liked the shifter, the seats, and it was cheap. Other wise I would have bought a 24v GTi VR6. Don't get me wrong, I love my Si, but I love dubs too.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure the W8 sucks compared to most BMWs. Hell, I'd take a BMW over a Passat. What's your point?

The point is, I'm doing what I want, you do what you want, and we can both not give a shit what anyone's doing? What do ya say?

Steve

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information