Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    My98nsx
    Originally posted by 2K2SilverSi
    What if for the custom midpipe one uses the stainless steel just as comptech does, use the same size pipeing and mandrel bend the pipe through the same channels under the car that comptech (and where honda runs the stock pipeing as well) and then you run it through the stock honda muffler are you saying this is not as good as the comptech one? I bet it would make alot more power, cost atleast half of comptechs and the stock muffler is probably made better than comptechs is.

That's the thing. It could be original Comptech stuff that "fell" of the Comptech truck. You don't have "paperwork", you don't get repairs. I'm not willing to take that chance. What if THE BOSS of mighty muffler drops dead?

Regards,
    hms

JDM TOOL
    Originally posted by My98nsx

That's the thing. It could be original Comptech stuff that "fell" of the Comptech truck. You don't have "paperwork", you don't get repairs. I'm not willing to take that chance. What if THE BOSS of mighty muffler drops dead?

Regards,
    hms
    No one understands our point...let them buy junk, and yes thats what I said. Thats my opinion!!!!
    Last edited by Pradamuimui; 10-09-2002 at 04:28 PM.

Originally posted by Pradamuimui

You and SSRV6 should get together and look through the new APC catalog together, or get together and have the local muffler shop make you an exhaust made out of some aluminum cans that are welded together, hey the same horsepower means the same quality right?? WRONG! Just because its cheaper and gets the same HP doest mean that its the same QUALITY!! Missed that point didnt ya?? Also how do you know that with ur custom bent piping that you put the right size on?? Ru going to be by a Dyno machine testing ur creation?? I dont think so!! I dont have lots of money, and Im not rich either. But I do know that you get what you pay for!! If I could have gotten the Comptech catback cheaper..I would have. I not buying it because its more expensive, Im buying it because IT IS A QUALITY PART FOR MY CAR. I know that it has been tested thoroughly by trained engineers, not people hired off the street. So you and SSRV6 can say what you want to. Same horsepower, that could possibly be true...Im not calling you a liar...but same quality??? I THINK NOT!!!
    I'm not going to sit here and do this internet fighting crap with you. I never said they are the same quality. Did I!? No, I didn't. If you want the comptech, get it. I could care less. We're just stating facts. How will I know it's the right size? I'll measure it....it's not rocket science. Yes, I will run my car on the dyno if I want. Money wise, I can't see you saying you don't have the cash flow if you paid over 600 for an exhaust. Getting a dyno number is one thing....tuning with a dyno is extra money....I don't plan on them tuning my i/h/e setup...what could they tune...my throttle cable I may never get a mendrel bent piping done, if I can't find a good shop around here....which there are not to many. But I'm not going to spend that much money on comptech, unless I'm more finacially secure. I never said I don't like comptech....you need to read everything before you jump to conclusions....how old are you? Have you not seen the dyno numbers miamijdm posted a while back? I'm not hiring someone off the street. did you know your comptech is mendrel bent to? that's what ssrv6 and I are talking about getting, not crushed bent. Did you think your comptech was made by a magical force of nature? damn man, get a clue!

No one understands our point...let them buy junk, an yes thats what I said. Thats my opinion!!!!
    Just to let you know how well I think of comptech....McLaren feels the same: http://www.comptechusa.com/cgi-bin/f...rum=50&topic=5

JDM TOOL
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I'm not going to sit here and do this internet fighting crap with you. I never said they are the same quality. Did I!? No, I didn't. If you want the comptech, get it. I could care less. We're just stating facts. How will I know it's the right size? I'll measure it....it's not rocket science. Yes, I will run my car on the dyno if I want. Money wise, I can't see you saying you don't have the cash flow if you paid over 600 for an exhaust. Getting a dyno number is one thing....tuning with a dyno is extra money....I don't plan on them tuning my i/h/e setup...what could they tune...my throttle cable I may never get a mendrel bent piping done, if I can't find a good shop around here....which there are not to many. But I'm not going to spend that much money on comptech, unless I'm more finacially secure. I never said I don't like comptech....you need to read everything before you jump to conclusions....how old are you? Have you not seen the dyno numbers miamijdm posted a while back? I'm not hiring someone off the street. did you know your comptech is mendrel bent to? that's what ssrv6 and I are talking about getting, not crushed bent. Did you think your comptech was made by a magical force of nature? damn man, get a clue!
    DAMN...ur a complete idiot!!! Comptech is better then ur piece of crap exhaust that ur gonna buy!! Sorry you dont understand that if you buy quality you get quality. Buy junk you get junk, you cat argue that!! You say that you cant afford the good stuff for ur car, not financially stable? Well maybe you should have thought of that before you bought an Si!! Wanna put junk on a Civic?? Then trade ur Si in and buy a DX, or LX!!

JDM TOOL

Just to let you know how well I think of comptech....McLaren feels the same: http://www.comptechusa.com/cgi-bin/f...rum=50&topic=5

Then WTF are you arguing with me for???? IM CONFUSED??

DAMN...ur a complete idiot!!! Comptech is better then ur piece of crap exhaust that ur gonna buy!! Sorry you dont understand that if you buy quality you get quality. Buy junk you get junk, you cat argue that!! You say that you cant afford the good stuff for ur car, not financially stable? Well maybe you should have thought of that before you bought an Si!! Wanna put junk on a Civic?? Then trade ur Si in and buy a DX, or LX!!
    wow, did you even read my post? I said comptech is better, no shit! Damn! Here's why my finaces are so fucking great shit head.
    I'm enlisted in the Military. My wife was also, but got out to go through what is called ROTC. It's a course that when she is done, she'll be back in the military making 3 times as much as I do. So now I'm the only one with a pay check, paying for a brand new 2404 sq ft. house, two cars, sending money to her family in Peru (because it's a third world country where people don't have it as good as we do), paying for electric, water, food, gas, going out (yeah, we do other things besides buying shit for our cars), my college education, her college education (paying for hers right now because ROTC has delayed funds....fiscal year right now) which cost a grand an hour when shes taking 12hours of school. So when she's done and making more money, I'll get what ever the hell I want. It seems your really insecure about yourself. You can't stand that not everyone agrees with you. And think about what before I buy the Si? It's a cheap freakin car, this isn't expensive. Did you parents buy you one! :D ha! wow you are an idiot!

if you actually read my post you may not be confused. Are you still in highschool? Pay attention little guy! I like comptech. So does everyone else. Some people just don't feel like paying for a name.

ah, you're still 21. it'll be a while till you grow up. it kicks in at about 24.

JDM TOOL

wow, did you even read my post? I said comptech is better, no shit! Damn! Here's why my finaces are so fucking great shit head.
    I'm enlisted in the Military. My wife was also, but got out to go through what is called ROTC. It's a course that when she is done, she'll be back in the military making 3 times as much as I do. So now I'm the only one with a pay check, paying for a brand new 2404 sq ft. house, two cars, sending money to her family in Peru (because it's a third world country where people don't have it as good as we do), paying for electric, water, food, gas, going out (yeah, we do other things besides buying shit for our cars), my college education, her college education (paying for hers right now because ROTC has delayed funds....fiscal year right now) which cost a grand an hour when shes taking 12hours of school. So when she's done and making more money, I'll get what ever the hell I want. It seems your really insecure about yourself. You can't stand that not everyone agrees with you. And think about what before I buy the Si? It's a cheap freakin car, this isn't expensive. Did you parents buy you one! :D ha! wow you are an idiot!
    No my parents didnt buy me this car...I bought it for myself working my ass off at shit head jobs so I could have a nice car. My first car was a 1996 Honda Civic Ex that I bought myself when I was 18 years old...so my parents dont give me shit!! Secondly Im in College as well but I have a Pell Grant that helps with my school funding because my parents wont help me. Third, I live by myself as well with a friend, in wich we pay our OWN rent and utilities. Im in school full-time, and I work over 30hrs a week...so KISS MY ASS. However I applaud you and your wife for ur service to this great country, I have great respect for you in that since. But WTF are you arguing with me for if you 2 think that Comptech is good stuff??
    Last edited by Pradamuimui; 10-09-2002 at 04:44 PM.

No my parents didnt buy me this car...I bought it for myself working my ass off at shit head jobs so I could have a nice car. My first car was a 1996 Honda Civic Ex that I bought myself when I was 18 years old...so my parents dont give me shit!! Secondly Im in College as well but I have a Pell Grant that helps with my school funding because my parents wont help me. Third, I ive by myself as well with a friend, in wich we pay our OWN rent and utilities. Im in school full-time, and I work over 30hrs a week...so KISS MY ASS. However I applaud you and your wife for ur service to this great country, I have great respect for you in that since. But WTF are you arguing with me for if you 2 think that Comptech is goog stuff??
    HAHAHAAHAAHHA! that's my point. I am not arguing with you. I just mearly said that the custom exhaust will give the same amount of power. yes, it won't be the same quality, it may even come apart for all I know, but at the same time it may not. I just started posting about how it gives the same power.....then you started going off on people that felt the same way. It seemed like you were bashing anyone for buying anything else.
    Lets just forget it...the internet is known for being confusing like this.

JDM TOOL
    IC...my bad, lets drop it...no point in arguing like this!!

IC...my bad, lets drop it...no point in arguing like this!!
    cool, because I need to type this damn paper for a stupid history class, I wish I had started college sooner :(

JDM TOOL

cool, because I need to type this damn paper for a stupid history class, I wish I had started college sooner :(

Well at least ur going to College!!! Better now then never

ssvr6
    College is overrated, just like comptech.

;)

Steve

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information