Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

JDM Coin Holder... :D

I just got one off of eBay. $8.99 or something like that with shipping. HAHA, how do I pop those little covers off now?

Heya, I just got my little jdm coin holder thing too. I installed it this weekend. Here's what I did.

1. Use a philips and find the two screws at the top of your felt-lined coin bin. remove those screws.

2. gently pop the bottom of the coin bin off the dash. There are two metal clips that hold it to the dash at the bottom.

3. With your hand you can now remove the cruise control button, or the dummy plate next to it. Using a long screwdriver, I was able to get extra reach and pop the dummy plate next to the mirror adjustment.

4. Place the coin holder into one of the slots you just opened up. If you change your mind and want to put a dummy plate back, look for the "UP" markings on the dummy plate and re-insert it, that side up.

My coin holder is empty right now... i didn't know that loose change would rattle so much, and it kind of got on my nerves. Sigh.

Perry

I just use the coin holder right below the e-brake. Why spend 11 bucks on something JDM.:D

I'm with ya. I feel a bit like a dork having bought the coin holder, then not using it. :) I kinda still prefer the felt-lined box under the dash. Ah well, it's the Call of JDM, and we are powerless to resist.

Originally posted by ragebomb
    I'm with ya. I feel a bit like a dork having bought the coin holder, then not using it. :) I kinda still prefer the felt-lined box under the dash. Ah well, it's the Call of JDM, and we are powerless to resist.
    I agree...:D I just bought one too. All they have to do is put "JDM Buy it now" and I'm gonna atleast take a look.;)

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar
    I'll sell JDM toilet paper. JDM, JDM, JDM. Bah. What about the parts on our car that are made in Japan anyways? Lets just say that is JDM and sell it for 10Xs the ammount of what its really worth. -FLAME ON!-

don't hate... haha just playin

I'm sorry, i've never been flamed before. It does seem fun, cause you will end up getting 1000's of views and lots of posts :-) Then you become popular and can become president of the U.S.A.

So please... --FLAME ON!--

Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
    see.. I use the felt covered area for my sunglasses.. that way they dont get scratched up..

coins... I usually keep them in my pocket because I dont like the sound of the rattling around
    mods:

Stuff

wow, to keep this on topic... I put my coins wherever I can that has a holder... doors, cupholders, not the fuzzy holder though. I put my sunglasses there when its not in its case.

Since we're on this topic, what do you guys put in the little tray under the driver's cup holder? I used to have a garage door remote there, it barely fit.

okay, heres a question to those who have this mod, is it worth? i think its like $10 on average shipped from ebay. i dunno if i can let go some dinner money for this piece of plastic... :)

lets just put it this way... i used to keep my change in the dual cup holders... when i counted it all out, i had over $20 in change :D and the coin holder only holds eight of the larger coins (quarters, half-dollars, etc...)
    it is nice to have quarters in there for emergencies tho...

i keep all my coins in the back cup holder. my wallet goes in the felt thingy cause i hate sitting on it

i hate to admit it but it was my first ebay purchase... $8.99 + $4.00 shipping...

i installed mine on the left side of the steering column by going underneath the dash and poping out the existing blank panel... i had to remove a couple of panels - but no screws... you can figure it out - give it a try.

i like the holder but it's not really worth $13... i was just trying to spend some paypal money i got from a client. she wanted to pay me by credit card - go figure... i'm thinking of using the rest for a dc sports header or something...

edit: whats up with images... you can't insert them any more?
    Last edited by glw; 03-27-2004 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information