Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carbon fiber engine cover

Just installed a bunch of things, one of which was a carbon fiber engine cover. The I-VTEC DOHC is custom made to fit the groove where the stock engine cover normally says it. Couldn't get the stock one off, but I think I like the DIY style one better anyhow.

Last edited by CivicSiR; 03-10-2004 at 11:26 PM.

Me Likey! Thumbs Up!
    The Original Noob with Boobs

ephatch member
    i really like that!

looks great! where'd you get the ivtec sticker made? details please!

Nice job, abd pretty soon you'll have a DC lower tie bar to install also;)

Thanks for the props guys. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I think I'll take some more today. Also, the decal fits perfectly in the groove, but I installed it a lil bit to the right heh. oops! =oP

glw, I had the i-vtec dohc custom made by someone I know. I'll be glad to get one of those decals for you if you'd like. I have one more unused one right now, it's white. I'm going for a black and red concept on my car the most I can, so I used the red one.

SiR_d1, hahaha...yeah, soon as it's on I'll post pics! thanks for the great buy! =)
    Last edited by CivicSiR; 01-08-2004 at 01:28 PM.

And lemme appologize for the crappy pics. I'll take some today and replace these.

EDIT. There you go, some clearer pics including my S2000 engine start that transplants the hazard button to the other side of the shifter.
    Last edited by CivicSiR; 01-09-2004 at 06:57 PM.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Really cool, it looks good. Where did you get that cover from? and how much did it run you? Thanks

Mike

Wow i really like that alot!!! Def need to kno where you got that...Im starting to turn into a carbon fiber freak!

Get a Carbon Fiber spark plug cover on and you're set. I had one on my EP and it looked sweet. I got it from JDMHondaParts.com

Heitzke and k20hatch, you should be able to pick one up on ebay. I got mine for 60 bucks. you may need to search for the rsx engine, but whatever you get it should say it works with 02+ Si.

However, in case you're wondering, you're only going to be getting the carbon fiber cover, and NOT the i-VTEC DOHC. I had that customized for the cover. I have one extra of those decals in WHITE (i figured i'd get one in red and one in white just in case i didn't like one of them), which would look pretty darned good if anyone wants dibs...but the problem is that it's in SF and I'm in washington DC for a few more months.

Anyway, thanks for the props.

PS, S2kPLUSSi, I'm checkin out the spark plug cover right now. ;) ok, i only see one for the b series right now... hmm. where is it?...oh, and PSS., you aren't rich by any chance are you? ;P that's ok, I have an RX8, too. drove the STi and S2000, and for that matter, drove the EVO and g35, and ultimately chose the rx8. EVO was the most fun overall, and the rx8 was the best allconsidered (ie, practicality, safety, comfort, handling, price (paid 26 and change), and it's unique...meanwhile, it has 18s, 50/50 weight dist, HIDs, stability control, 4 seats (a HUGE plus for me), 4 doors for that matter, lol, more convenience. anyway, all the other cars are GREAT, and I just wanted to comment on how SWEET your garage must be. You have pics of all your cars? PM me a link of them. here're a few crappy pics of my rx8, but it's the day i bought it, so I was excited. www.bretgorden.com/rx8.html (it's completely stock for now)
    Last edited by CivicSiR; 02-03-2004 at 09:03 PM.

I wonder how the CF would do with the engine heat?:(

I've noticed it gets pretty hot, but I haven't noticed any problems yet. But I supposed under racing conditions that could become a problem for the CF.

Where did you pick the cover up from?

ebay. 60 bucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information