Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, I did it...

Well, I was browsing eBay this morning for one reason or another, and I stumbled across noneother than a K20A2 head and an acompanying RSX-S ecu. I sat, and contemplated, but the Buy It Now button just drew me in. Paid a little bit much, $1300 for the head+ecu+shipping insurance, but considering I won't be paying for labor on the install, I figured what the hell. So, everything should be arriving in about a week and a half, and if all goes as planned, I'll get the head tested and installed a week or so after words, possibly with a DIY for anyone considering the swap.

Nice, keep us updated :)

Sweet mang, bet your excited. Hope all goes well.

Congrats!:D

myeverlovinsir, clear our your pm box a bit, i tried sendin you a pm before because i have a few questions about the inevitable post-swap work that will need to be done, but your box was full :)

Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
    myeverlovinsir, clear our your pm box a bit, i tried sendin you a pm before because i have a few questions about the inevitable post-swap work that will need to be done, but your box was full :)
    e-mail only, thanks.;)

e-mail sent :)

reply recieved, thanks myeverlovinsir :)

wow... u crazy and lucky SOB. jp. Can't wait to see how ur project goes. G'luck with everything.

Any updates? You did mention that the intall would be free, don't know your connections but it's an interesting install. Keep us updated.;)

Well, head and ecu were shipped out 2 days ago, should be getting here on Monday. Then I just need to find a shop to Magnaflux it for me, do a 3 angle valve job, and check my clearances (The last one I could do myself, but I figure they'd prolly do it anyway if I have them do a 3 angle job). Then from there, I still need to decide what to do about injectors (Wether to get stock RSX-S ones, get the RC Engineering ones, or attempt to run on the stock EP3 ones for a little while), and I have to order a head gasket, head bolts, and a Hondata heat shield gasket. Then from there, I have the have to decide wether I'm gonna install it myself (that's what I meant when I said I could get it installed myself). I know I can install it, however the only problem is if I'll have a place to install it where I can chill for the night in the event I don't get it done in one day. And that's about all the info I have to give at the moment :)

If your doing it yourself you may need a day or two to get it done right. Hondata heatshield is not necessary. Head gasket is. If I interpret what you said correctly, are you not going to get a down flow test done along with a valve seat pressure test? Both are critical but if you do the 3 angle grind you will definitely need a down flow test after. Stock head bolts should be OK, but you are covering all the bases nicely. Did you find an A2 ECU yet?;)

Ya, I know I need the head gasket ;)
    As for the Hondata heatshield gasket, I just figure if I'm gonna have the intake manifold off, I might as well get one and install it. As for the down flow test and the valve seat pressure test, thanks for reminding me. I would assume they would do that when doing a 3 angle valve job, but I'll check to make sure, and if not, I'll have them do one. And yes, I did find an A2 ECU. I bought it when I bought the head, cause the guy was selling both.
    About the injectors, did you try running with the stock ones at all when you did the swap, or did you just install the RC's when you got the head installed? Cause I noticed on the A/F graph you were running kinda rich there, so I was thinking perhaps the stock injectors would keep it a little more in stichio? Just an idea *shrug* (and thinking of how I may be able to save myself $400 :p )

What kind of gains to you expect when you are finished?

Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
    Ya, I know I need the head gasket ;)
    As for the Hondata heatshield gasket, I just figure if I'm gonna have the intake manifold off, I might as well get one and install it. As for the down flow test and the valve seat pressure test, thanks for reminding me. I would assume they would do that when doing a 3 angle valve job, but I'll check to make sure, and if not, I'll have them do one. And yes, I did find an A2 ECU. I bought it when I bought the head, cause the guy was selling both.
    About the injectors, did you try running with the stock ones at all when you did the swap, or did you just install the RC's when you got the head installed? Cause I noticed on the A/F graph you were running kinda rich there, so I was thinking perhaps the stock injectors would keep it a little more in stichio? Just an idea *shrug* (and thinking of how I may be able to save myself $400 :p )
    Under load you will want 13.5:1 ideally. Stock injectors would be too lean during load IMO, but I did not try them so have at it.
    stichio is only desirable at idle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information