Close

2500 posts gone. specialblend154's Avatar

Double sided tape and fiberglass

im going to be putting on my BC3 kit in a few days and didnt want to tap my body just to put on the sideskirts. i asked the dood at my shop and he said that you cant use double sided tape on fiberglass.. if i screwed in wheel wells and then double taped the sides on do you think it would work is is the guy on my shop right and i will have to drill into my body:'( :( :o

its better to drill the holes... the holes are gonna be hidden by the plastic wheel well covers so if you take the sideskirts off its not gonna show... I don't trust tape all that well and would rather use screws...imo

yes it will work thats how i have mine attached.the only difference is that i riveted them in the rear fender and 2 rivets along the door sill.but on the part that goes on the car double sided tape.

Ya, when i put my sideskirts on I will definitely screw it twice for the front and rear wheel wells, plus use tape along the bottom underneath the doors and maybe a little where the ctr skirt flares up.

if you do use double sided tape make sure to tape up the skirts to your car for 24hrs and youll be str8 thats what i did and its holding up great

Originally posted by Makross
    if you do use double sided tape make sure to tape up the skirts to your car for 24hrs and youll be str8 thats what i did and its holding up great
    when u say for 24 hrs, do you mean leave it taped, without driving it for 24 hrs???

Originally posted by !@#$%
    when u say for 24 hrs, do you mean leave it taped, without driving it for 24 hrs???
    well you can still drive your car around:p my sides skirts are holdin up like a champ

2500 posts gone. specialblend154's Avatar
    yeah i know that i am gonna screw in under the wheel well plastic covers but this dood is also saying i am gonna have to screw into the body... lik under the door or something... fuck him, i am just gonna tell him to screw in the wheel well and then tape the rest, i think its weird that he said i can tape if it were urethane but cant tape cause its fiberglass... i dont think he knows what hes talking about

Thread Information