Close

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar

type r replica skirts

i dont know if any one else had this problem but here's the story if anyone can help me out that'll be great. i bought the type r replica kit from showstoppers about couple of weeks ago and had just got time to test fit the kit so far i test fitted the front lip (fitted fine) rear lip (not tested yet) driver side side skirt (had to do some mod but minor mod not anything big) and the passenger side skirt (this is where the problem comes in) i had a problem with the side skirt on the passenger side it's to short i dunno if anyone else had this problem but the passenger side, side skirt it's short by about 1/2-1cm short maybe slightly less then that i dunno if this is normal but is there any way to fix this? the driver side was kinda short to but i chuck from SS told me to put it from behind the wheel well behind the place lining and when i did it on the passenger side the same exact way it's short???? i dunno? anybody else with the type r replica kit had this problem with the side skirts? any help would be appreciated......

p.s. just to mention it's not SS fault if anybody get's any idea that i'm putting SS down. i'm not i'm just saying the skirt is just slightly short?

patrick

ephatch member
    I too bought the replica's from ssusa. I'm having problems getting both sides to fit and every body shop wants to charge me over two hundred dollars to install them. I had a friend paint them for me and the guys at shops I take them to say serious modifacation needs to be done and maybe some molding work. ssusa said they would help in any way so I gotta call them soon.

i will hopefully be installing my kit this friday. I placed the skirts up there and both seemed a little short...(maybe 1/4'') but i didnt put them behind the plastic wheel arches either so I figure they should be fine.

the front fit well. the rear sorta confused me with the extra tabs. I will look closer at it when it is painted.

my front and rear were perfect. On the sides is where i had to shave alittle off. MIne were also alittle short. The only way i was able to get them on was by putting the front part of the sides in first and then put the back in by sliding it up. And u also have to put it under the fender liner.

Originally posted by ep3si02
    my front and rear were perfect. On the sides is where i had to shave alittle off. MIne were also alittle short. The only way i was able to get them on was by putting the front part of the sides in first and then put the back in by sliding it up. And u also have to put it under the fender liner.
    great mental picture. thanks for the advice. :)

kinda figured it out

i kinda figured it out now how come my skirts on the passenger side doesn't fit as well..i compared the thickness of fiberglass on the other skirt and the thinkness of the fiber glass on the passenger side is hella thick compared to the driver side i i need to sand it down...damn stupid me why didnt i think of that earlier well off to grinding now hopefully that was the solution...rocky said that it should fit but yeah mines also on the side needed to be sanded down but that's now biggie just slight gaps but no noticable unless u stick ur face on it:D well thanks again for the help ep3si02

no prob

I GOT IT!!!!

hell yeah i got it to fit right after i posted the last respond! i just ggrinded it down a lil more so it matches the thickness of the other side skirt and yeah the fiber glas those flat parts that goes between the wheel well etc were thicker then the ones on the driver side which i got it to fit so i decided to grind it down and it fits! also i took out the paint on by my wheel well but it's not noticable lil touch up paint will to:D and the side skirt is covering it anywais so it'll be alright! woo hoo now for the final piece and drilling process begins dont wanna drill my baby:'( well all i gotta do now is test the rear hopefully it fits well thanks for all who responded

Cool!!

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA

Re: I GOT IT!!!!

Originally posted by ep3_civic_si
    dont wanna drill my baby
    I'm trying to figure out where you guys are thinking of drilling. Why not just use the two existing screws in the front wheel well, the two in the rear, and tape it in between? Are you thinking about drilling into the rockers or somewhere on the body?

drilling

yeah i'mma drill the rear side skirts i'mma drill two to stablize it like chuck e-mailed me about and the two existing ones in the front and double side the reast i'm bout to test fit my rear today so hopefully everyting fits!:D wassup rocky!

patrick

working progress
    Originally posted by ep3si02
    Thank yo so much my sides were getting test fitted with my rear and my body shop guy called and said the sides dont seem to line up right but i will let him knw what to do now

Thread Information