Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I got to find a place that has the wax in stock. Went to all the stores around me that carry Meguiars and none of them had the good wax or wash.

Originally posted by siver-SI
    I got to find a place that has the wax in stock. Went to all the stores around me that carry Meguiars and none of them had the good wax or wash.
    Have you tried Target and WalMart? I've also seen it at Advance Auto Parts.

Originally posted by AkronSi
    Have you tried Target and WalMart? I've also seen it at Advance Auto Parts.
    Got it today. Autozone got it in yesterday. Yea I did try them all but Advance since they are not out by me.

Im gonna test this wax out this weekend. My friends who have used it said its awsome and they love it!

ephatch member
    Originally posted by RedLight_Si
    I have a black EP and I am a strict Zaino user but I gave this stuff a try tonight and am intially very impressed.It goes on more easily,smoothly and evenly than Zaino(the older formula) but is a bit harder to remove than Zaino(older). I found the finish it left is comparable to Zaino(older),possibly better,but I dont know yet because when I got done with the car it was dark.But,going by the lights at the car wash, swirl marks are barely noticeable after the first coat. I imagine another coat or two soon would leave no evidence of swirl marks. It seems to deal with swirls better than Zaino(older)(maybe). Im anxious to see how the car looks in the sun/daylight and after a couple days though before placing judgement,but so far again im impressed.

Ive put another coat on and have to say Im not that impressed anymore. Swirls marks,while not very noticeable after buffing it off,show up again a day or two later. The finish it leaves is shiny and does have a glow to it but has a fake oily look to it,where as Zaino to me leaves a true looking finish. It is non abrasive and does contain UV blockers like Zaino,but it contains silicones,which Zaino does not. Back to Zaino I go.

I put it one yesterday and it looks good. I like how deep it looks. I guess I will have to wait and see how it does in the long run.

Blackfire>Zaino

http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html

You guys have got to try Blackfire. It too is a silicone polymer wax like Zaino. Blackfire is just as durable, it cost less, and I found their 2-step application easier compared to Zaino. I applied only one coat of Blackfire on my Honda Element six months ago and it still looks and protects as it did when I first applied it.

ephatch member

Re: Blackfire>Zaino

Originally posted by ChumsGum
    http://www.properautocare.com/blackfireusa.html

You guys have got to try Blackfire. It too is a silicone polymer wax like Zaino. Blackfire is just as durable, it cost less, and I found their 2-step application easier compared to Zaino. I applied only one coat of Blackfire on my Honda Element six months ago and it still looks and protects as it did when I first applied it.
    I dont think Zaino is a silicone nor a wax. It is a protective "polish". However it is non abrasive.

ive used meguiars gold class liquid wax for the past few years and i love it. do you think the nxt outperforms gold class? i have a black ep, and the shine is absolutely perfect, it looks like a wet mirror. no swirls, scratches, etc. if im happy with the gold class, is there any reason to switch to nxt?

Originally posted by phantasia
    ive used meguiars gold class liquid wax for the past few years and i love it. do you think the nxt outperforms gold class? i have a black ep, and the shine is absolutely perfect, it looks like a wet mirror. no swirls, scratches, etc. if im happy with the gold class, is there any reason to switch to nxt?
    its easier to take off... that is it right there that is the difference

cant justify spending 15 bucks on wax...=o( what about the spray kind?
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

is that how much the NXT cost in the states?? $15USD!!??

Originally posted by SiR_d1
    is that how much the NXT cost in the states?? $15USD!!??
    yes and its worth every penny! ;)

Originally posted by phantasia
    Yup we did my friend Black s2k that hadn't been waxed in over 6 monthes and with no paint prep this is how the results came out... http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...hreadid=203968 (I'm the person in the 2nd pic who needs to shave and he's the person in the 3rd giving the camera the finger :D)

The results were great. I'm gonna stick to Zaino myself as it's much more durable and last much longer.

But for the price and for anyone that waxes their car often enough that durability isn't a major concern, the nxt is a great product.

Karim
    Last edited by Karim; 05-02-2004 at 01:38 AM.

great stuff, got it last weekend easy on easy off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information