Close

2500 posts gone. specialblend154's Avatar

Alarm sugestions

i am getting my car lowerd and getting my bc3 on this weekend and am very excited.. only thing i am afraid of is that my car wont be able to get up my steep driveway to the garage with the car being lowerd. can you guys give me some suggestions for a good alarm that will go off when someone gets too close? thanks a bunch... Guy

Yeah I am in need of a really good alarm too.

I have an Alpine SEC-150R it came with a prox sensor and impact sensor, which are easily adjustable. I could not be happier with it. Lemme know if you need more information.

bestbuy has clifford 2.5 matrix alarms on sale for $377 installed. check it out, u might like it. i'm gonna get one :*

You don't want it going off if it someone gets too close. With sensitivity that high, you will find yourself checking up on your car way too often because you hear the alarm going off every 30 minutes.

Ive had the Compustar 2WSS-AS in my last two cars. Paging up to 1.5 miles, and all the features you could ever want. I will never buy another alarm.

how much was your alarm fsugatorbait?! i too am looking for an alarm cuz around here people are starting to get jealous and i dont want them messin with my car!!!! is there any alarm that notifies me when the alarm is going off? like a pager or something? or a vibration in the keychain thing?

btw... i dont have tons of money to spend.

ephatch member
    Look on Ebay there are a couple going for around 270.

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    how much was your alarm fsugatorbait?! i too am looking for an alarm cuz around here people are starting to get jealous and i dont want them messin with my car!!!! is there any alarm that notifies me when the alarm is going off? like a pager or something? or a vibration in the keychain thing?

btw... i dont have tons of money to spend.
    You can get them on ebay for about $270-$280 and then the install costs will depend on how many options you want installed. The alarm has auto paging up to 1.5 miles, auto start (with immobilizer bypass module), I have mine setup so I can roll up/down my windows and sunroof, its got a turbo timer built in, and the list goes on and on...

Get one.

i am planning on it. of course i dont want the auto start... and the window roll up and down thing isnt a necessity, but it would be cool.

question though... so if somebody came up and like keyed my car... would the alarm go off? or if somebody kicked or damaged my c/f lip kit... would the alarm go off? cuz those are the things im worried about most!

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    question though... so if somebody came up and like keyed my car... would the alarm go off? or if somebody kicked or damaged my c/f lip kit... would the alarm go off? cuz those are the things im worried about most!
    You have full control over the sensivity that the alarm is set at and you can turn on or off the dual shock sensor so the alarm will just go off if someone touches your car or beeps a few times to warn them before going off.

Thread Information