Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AEM CAI Kicks Ass

I just installed my AEM CAI on friday and it kicks ass. I noticed a BIG ASS improvement through out my power range. My third gear sucked before but now it is awesome. The car totally PICKS Up in all the gears!! The throttle response is awesome!! It revs a whole lot quicker. I never squealed my tires like this before on my Ep and the tires are new. I had an AEM CAI before on my JRSC SOHC ex but his is my first time on a DOHC. My ep accelerates a whole lot quicker. The improved torque is amazing. The sound of the engine at 4500 and all the way up to redline is CRAZY!!! Its no 13 sec. modification or anything but it is the single most best aftermarket thing to buy for your car. I recommend this to everybody. It is worth the PRICE. I got mine for $230. AEM CAI IS THE BEST.
    Last edited by fASTBACK; 10-07-2002 at 10:24 PM.

ephatch member
    haha sounds nice. im still saving for an intake and hopfully i get that same thrilled as u got from ur Cold Air.

I just smoked u...
    haha... im glad to hear that u r that pumped about it :). did u install it urself?

how hard was the install?? IM going to get a AEM CAI after reading the "great intake" shoot out in the latest Honda tuning mag ! I couldnt believe my eyes when they tested the CAI on a rsx-s --(20.7 whp and 19.6 ftlbs increase over stock) BUY the mag there is to much to right about, they did a very thourogh CONTROLLED test on all major intakes , KN typhoon, DC sports DAC and CAI, KN drop in filter, STOCK intake, INJEN sri and cai.. etc... GREAT article a must read for the k series engine tuner!!--joe

btw:
    i heard that for the CAI install you must relocate the winshield fluid resevoir to the other side of the engine compartment in order for the CAI to fit properly (is this true?) ..-

Still Around...
    i heard that for the CAI install you must relocate the winshield fluid resevoir to the other side of the engine compartment in order for the CAI to fit properly
    I know for the RSX you need to relocate the reservoir. The people that have done it says it's a major pain in the ass.

I can't wait to put my AEM CAI on. I've got a buddy who works in R&D at AEM, I'll have him help me install it. :D

on my AEM the only thing i relocated was the ground wire for the battery, but you dont even need to do that. all you have to do is bend it toward the radiator. i opted to take the whole bracket off.

does anyone know if the rsx CAI setup will fit our ep's?? thanks --joe

ephatch member
    Originally posted by PoRT
    on my AEM the only thing i relocated was the ground wire for the battery, but you dont even need to do that. all you have to do is bend it toward the radiator. i opted to take the whole bracket off.
    Ya no relocations here except removing that little clip, relocated the ground wire for that clip to a nearby bolt, the instruction on this site were a big help the only thing I would have added is the exact spot where you put the FILTER itself, even with insturction it took me a good 30 minutes to figure out that you have to pull back on the plastic wheel well wall to expose where the FILTER is going to go, had I known that it would have been a 30 minute install rather than a full hour WICKED EASY

DrPimpSiR
    Originally posted by 02blksi
    how hard was the install?? IM going to get a AEM CAI after reading the "great intake" shoot out in the latest Honda tuning mag ! I couldnt believe my eyes when they tested the CAI on a rsx-s --(20.7 whp and 19.6 ftlbs increase over stock) BUY the mag there is to much to right about, they did a very thourogh CONTROLLED test on all major intakes , KN typhoon, DC sports DAC and CAI, KN drop in filter, STOCK intake, INJEN sri and cai.. etc... GREAT article a must read for the k series engine tuner!!--joe

btw:
    i heard that for the CAI install you must relocate the winshield fluid resevoir to the other side of the engine compartment in order for the CAI to fit properly (is this true?) ..-
    You don't move anything for our AEM CAI install except for the ground wire. Check out the How-to by DTH on this site.
    The CAI makes a big difference on the RSX-S but not so much on ours. Here is the link to AEM's dyno:
    http://www.aempower.com/pdf/results/...ivicSI_CAS.pdf
    I think this is the most realistic dyno ever posted by a manufacturer. As with any 4 banger you do need Intake, Header & Exhaust to see the big gains.

DrPimpSiR
    does anyone know if the rsx CAI setup will fit our ep's?? thanks --joe
    No, AEM lists them as different part #'s. There is even a difference between our's and the base RSX.

thanks DR!

Fastback,

You think that that the AEM CAI is great, was the first thing I got, but wait till you mate it up to the DC headers, you will then know what easier in and and easier out can do. Its all good my friend.

My Ever Lovin SIR... :p

i installed it myself. it took me about two hours. The engine bay is really cramped. I didnt move the ground wire or anything. I just unbolted the brackett and rebolted it back when the tube was in. You dont have to move any thing. this engine is alot harder to work on than the older model civic.

DrPimpSiR
    thanks DR!
    No prob! Everyone helps everyone and we all get to learn somet'in.
    :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information