13 68.42%
  • PIAA's

4 21.05%
  • Other

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Question OEM Fogs vs PIAA's???

Ok, I have a good $250.00 set aside for some sort of fogs. I had a set of EM fogs but they were for the 04's and didn't fit so I Ebay'ed them.

Now, I've looked around and have seen some of the PIAA's that I like and that have the wireless switching which is nice. I'm not a lazy installer so I have no problems taking the time to do it. The OEM switch isn't a problem as can pick one up and rewire it to the aftermarket switch.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the PIAA model #, Stick with OEM or something els in that price range? I'm open to suggestions as I love to do tons of midnight cruises with the GF in the spring/summer/fall and need better lighting for those backroads.

Thanks in advance! :D
    Mel

I'm gonna have to vote for OEM Fogs. I just think the install looks so much cleaner and just...well put together. I am looking to getting some OEM Fogs in the future :D
    The Original Noob with Boobs

oog,

Someone on here a while back posted about some fogs that they bought
    that were *super* bright and really looked good. Wish I could remember
    who that was/what brand they were, but I remember they were slightly
    cheaper than the OEM fogs.

For the price, I just don't feel like the OEMs are worth it, personally...

Ooogy buy these ones! They only cost $1400.00 :shockm: :shadesm:

I too think the OEM's are rather pricey but after seeing aftermarket fogs about 3 years after install, it makes me realize that the OEM really is better quality. All the aftermarket fogs that I've seen that have been on there for a while have that distorted and yellow plastic lenses and fading and paint chipped housings. Just now worth it in the long run, imo. Not to mention that to me, the OEM's look cleaner and flow better with the front of the car. :D
    I'm gonna get OEM's for mine, but Oogy is looking for more opinions, so keep em' coming.

Thanks peeps...

Keep em coming! ;)
    Mel

I have heard that the OEM lens break pretty easily and are expensive to replace. Take a look at RSX forums, I seem to remember that one of them had a 4+ page sticky about the problem.

But that could be true of any foglight. If it was my money I would go with good'ol Honda parts.

I had PIAA 1400x on my delSol wired to the factory switch (it's only 3 wires) and they worked great even after 3-4 years. But if you can get PIAA bulbs that fit in the OEM fogs that would be cool also.

SF-SI-02
    The BEST foglight you can buy for your hard earned cash is the sylvania xenarc x1010 LINK here:

http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/x1010.htm

Which can be bought from their website for $250. It is HID and includes a wireless remote so that there is no need to drill through the firewall. The only catch is that they do not use standard d2r r d2s HID bulbs, rather you will have to order direct from them to get replacements, but HID's aren't suppose to burn out for a very long time, so I consider this a very minor negative. Someone posted pics of this install on the ep3 before. The mount was about 90% clean, the results were insane. If you buy OEM you are assured a clean mount, but do keep in mind that the plastic shield on those things are breaking all the time, and if you have lowering springs, you can expect even less life out of them. Finally, I don't remember, but I don't think you can replace the OEM shield without replacing the entire kit, so if it were up to me, I would have to go xenarc all the way.

The link to the sale on sylvania's website is below (cheaper than any retailer I could find!)

http://www.sylvaniaperformanceshop.c...=34&pid=141894

Thumbs up

Originally posted by SF-SI-02
    The BEST foglight you can buy for your hard earned cash is the sylvania xenarc x1010 LINK here:

http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/x1010.htm

Which can be bought from their website for $250. It is HID and includes a wireless remote so that there is no need to drill through the firewall. The only catch is that they do not use standard d2r r d2s HID bulbs, rather you will have to order direct from them to get replacements, but HID's aren't suppose to burn out for a very long time, so I consider this a very minor negative. Someone posted pics of this install on the ep3 before. The mount was about 90% clean, the results were insane. If you buy OEM you are assured a clean mount, but do keep in mind that the plastic shield on those things are breaking all the time, and if you have lowering springs, you can expect even less life out of them. Finally, I don't remember, but I don't think you can replace the OEM shield without replacing the entire kit, so if it were up to me, I would have to go xenarc all the way.

The link to the sale on sylvania's website is below (cheaper than any retailer I could find!)

http://www.sylvaniaperformanceshop.c...=34&pid=141894
    Excellent!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for the heads up and all the research. I appreciate it :)
    Mel

You know where my vote went, you cant beat the cleaness of OEM.

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    You know where my vote went, you cant beat the cleaness of OEM.
    True, but you can't beat the clarity of HID's at night (like you already know) :). I like to see the deer when Amy and I go out cruising. :D
    Mel

Those DO look really great, but where or how would you mount them?

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
    True, but you can't beat the clarity of HID's at night (like you already know) :). I like to see the deer when Amy and I go out cruising. :D
    you can always get the OEM fogs and a nice HID kit. :p

Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
    Those DO look really great, but where or how would you mount them?
    On the underside of the metal bumper brace. There's tons of room. I'm creative.... :)
    Mel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information