Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    day/student-night/racer
    i'm still new to cars and dont know much of mods on what to do and no to do. So why is it important to reset the ecu.

If you change parts that change the parameters of what's going in & out of the engine (intake, header, etc), you should reset the ECU so that it can start with fresh air/fuel maps and adjust them to accommodate the new parts.

At least that's the reason I've come to understand.

day/student-night/racer
    thanks alot

well dont forget when u reset your ecm (ecu) youre ep has to relearn its idle
    general when u unplug the negative or remove the fuse(which is easier less sparks) then put it back in, you then have to start the car let it warm up a bit then rev and hold it 3k rpms for 5-10 minutes. your eps light might come on but jus turn off then turn on your car and it will go away

Noob here, i recently purchased a 05 ep3 and have been trying to figure all the mods that have been done. I know it has a full invidia exhaust, megan racing 4 to 1 header. Also possibly a k20a2 head still trying to figure that out because the intake manifold is marked prb. Had a cold air intake wich i recently just put a new filter on. I know the immobilizer is bypassed but i dont think its due to a ecu flash because going on hondatas website they say a flash is unavailable for the a3 ecus. Anyways i guess my quistion is could it hurt to restart my ecu?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information