Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question front right side clanking, popping, weird noise..

1 week after installing my springs i started to get this weird popping clanking sound like a bolt is loose or sumthin outta my front right side... i read the creaking thread and thats not the problem..all the bolts seem fine.. i dunno what the deal is

Re: front right side clanking, popping, weird noise..

Originally posted by PortoRy
    1 week after installing my springs i started to get this weird popping clanking sound like a bolt is loose or sumthin outta my front right side... i read the creaking thread and thats not the problem..all the bolts seem fine.. i dunno what the deal is
    Did you get someone to turn the wheel then you watched it? If not do that then tell me if you see the whole thing move/pop.

I Wasn't Speeding Officer

Anyone have any suggestions ?

I have the same problem. My right front wheel makes a weird popping/clanking noise almost like its rubbing on somethin and when I'm driving I can feel the noise in my center console right under the e-brake. And it seems like its only when I'm makin right turns and it gets loud when I let off the gas. I don't know what it is but its scarin me.
    But I didn't lower my car I just put rims on it.

your all jinxing me. i've been dropped on teins for almost a year now. 2 days ago, i just started to get that popping sound from my front right when turning. doh!

noones here or i would do the turn wheel thing...it pops when im going slow over small ass bumps and little crevisis in the road (however u spell crevis) but i know its the front right..this is starting to piss me off!

grease the gold ring that sits on top of the spring it will solve the noise problem

isn't it possible that it could also be a motor mount?

My cars broken

I know its comin from my right front wheel too.
    Its super loud almost sounds like somethings gonna break !
    I think its something that a little grease won't fix.
    I did look at the bushing and it seems to be a little off compared to the other side. Maybe thats it, but why all of a sudden would it just be cocked out of position ???? I didn't even lower my car or change any suspension, I just got rims and I got the same problem.
    Its starting to piss me off thats for sure.:(

FACKIN NOISE

My car has been making that noise for about a year now. So far it has held up, nothing has fallen off. It just makes me not want to wash my car very much.

my car has the same noise. and i just cornered pretty hard and it made two consecutive clunking noises in a row. i heard that if you get it re-torqued then it will all go away. btw. im dropped on H&R's w/ koni yellows. im gonna try to get it re-torqued tuesday or whenever the soonest is.

retorque?

There are a whole lotta things to "Retorque" in your front end. I've had more then one mechanic tell me it is a spring moving in the strut cause the strut is worn. But i'm yet to replace the strut.

well i have an 03 so i dont see how the strut is worn. but that noise is getting worse and worse... so.... i dont know what to do, cuz im no mechanic.

I'm gonna take mine to Honda tommorow cuz its scarin me.:o

my car has 10k miles on it, i dont see how the strut could be blown even if i did lower the car. It has only been lowred for 2 weeks now. I will try to lube up the ring. I guess its good to see im not the only one with this issue, I was thinking on buying a whole new set of struts also....but if thats not gonna solve the issue then i dont know what will...

it does sorta sound like the spring could be moving around.. Ill talk to my brother about that, hes the mechanic, i just do the research.

i just lowered my car with h&r springs
    looks like we all have same problem!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information