• Love the kit, but paint it

22 18.64%
  • Fiber images is better

5 4.24%
  • Rob you're a CF whore

32 27.12%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Originally posted by Mugen Power
    I guess you guys missed my question but does the rear of the lip angle downwards like the other replica Type R lip?
    yea it does a lil bit. ill take some more pics soon so u can get better look at it

anyone want an EP meetup in south jerzee? lol

patiently waiting... SLOazzEPhatch's Avatar
    So how do i go about ordering one? Just call? 899 shipped is damn good for a CF kit.

It is $975.

Originally posted by pedzola
    It is $975.
    Did you get your kit yet Chris?

POST EDITED!!!!

Here are some notes:

1) Did not come w/any instructions or any type of screws, bolts or other fasteners. Also the pieces were not pre-drilled (EDIT - not a big deal).

2) EDIT - Fitment isn't perfect for sides and rear - pieces need some coaxing, maybe some filing or minor modification on the skirts - there will be some gaps but not as bad as I originally may have made it sound.

3) EDIT - Carbon Fiber serves no structural purpose in these pieces. They are thin fiberglass or w/a single layer of carbon fiber on the outside. Pieces CRACK if stressed so BE CAREFUL.

4) EDIT - Rear took some coaxing but Fitment ended up being much better than I had originally reported. SORRY

The good points....

1) The front lip fitment is near perfect - but be careful not to stress it while fitting or corners will crack.

2) It is very easy to drill the holes. EDIT - Carbon Fiber content is negligible when drilling... you are essentially drilling through fiberglass.

3) Kit looks sweet and I get mad props. =P
    Last edited by pedzola; 04-19-2004 at 07:53 PM.

hmm intresting. let me know how the rear fits pedzola.
    oh and congrats on ur new lip kit =OP

how does the fiberglass kit fit i wonder? the c/f is just too much bling for me, i wanna keep it more subtle. but if there's problems with the kit fitting right, i don't want to go thru all that drama...

The rear fit kinda crappy. One side was near perfect but the other side has a big gap. I tried to wiggle it every which way to get it on there right but it just wasn't happening.

Overall it was pretty easy to install - another plus. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Even without instructions or hardware or pre-drilled holes, it really wasn't bad.

It looks pretty good now that I'm done. But up close you will see a lot of gaps and some cracks in corners and things.

I Wasn't Speeding Officer
    Thats shitty to hear especially all the stuff about how perfect it fits.
    I might think twice now cuz that was the kit I wanted.
    Are you happy with it ? Can those gaps be fixed ?
    And chipping it right when u got it ! Damn. Should have waited till tommorow ! j/k:D

I'm pretty happy overall I guess. It looks good... my friend said I might be able to fix the gaps w/some 3m automotive tape. We'll see...

The rear fit kinda crappy. One side was near perfect but the other side has a big gap. I tried to wiggle it every which way to get it on there right but it just wasn't happening.

Overall it was pretty easy to install - another plus. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Even without instructions or hardware or pre-drilled holes, it really wasn't bad.

It looks pretty good now that I'm done. But up close you will see a lot of gaps and some cracks in corners and things.
    We had the same problem with the rear! All we did was we pushed the rear up all the way into the bumper from the side you drill it and also from the back middle piece and we were able to make it sit flush. Try that and see what happens. Also look at Redronin's pics and you will see how high it sits. It will fit PERFECT! Try that Chris and let me know what happens. If not call us and I'll walk you through it

It is very easy to drill the holes (not carbon fiber!).

CHRIS!!!

Carbon fiber is always backed by fiberglass. Whether its the hood or the hatch, lips or mirrors. Carbon Fiber always needs a skeleton or else it will wobble... That kit is TRUE carbon fiber.

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

3m automotive double sided tape works wonders. =OP

Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
    CHRIS!!!

Carbon fiber is always backed by fiberglass. Whether its the hood or the hatch, lips or mirrors. Carbon Fiber always needs a skeleton or else it will wobble... That kit is TRUE carbon fiber.

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

While I'm not personally familiar with the process, I'm pretty sure sheets and other forms can be made w/carbon fiber alone, and that it has pretty extreme characteristics in terms of strength and rigidity.

The exterior layer of this kit showing beneath the clearcoat is definitely carbon fiber weave - "true" carbon fiber, for sure! My qualm is that it seems like it is just 1 tiny thin layer of material. If I look at the seams of my carbon fiber wing (also made by Vis) I can clearly see multiple layers of material laid down on whatever skeleton they used (probbaly fiberglass).

I'm just saying that I had a few parts crack on me and that they seemed like, for all intents and purposes, fiberglass pieces with what might as well have been carbon fiber paint. The actual carbon fiber in the piece provided no structural support whatsoever to the material.

Don't get me wrong, I know that multiple layers of material that are strong enough for structural purposes are mad $$, and I wouldn't expect this to be carbon fiber 100% all the way through. But the way my drill bit went through the pieces without any pressure applied, and the way a few of my corners got cracked... maybe they could have added an extra layer or 2 to add a bit of extra strength.

The kit looks awesome, the fitment was very good... and I am willing to admit that maybe the cracks and some of the misfitment were my fault at least in some part if not entirely... but I would have hoped for the price that I would have gotten an extra layer or 2 of actual carbon fiber weave instead of a fiberglass piece with a single layer for looks...

Don't hate me Chuck, I still <3 showstoppers. :* But you can tell Vis that your asshole customer thinks that these pieces should be given a little more structural integrity in terms of composite materials, or start calling them "fiberglass w/carbon fiber outer layer" instead of straight up "carbon fiber."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information