59 50.00%
  • Love the kit, but paint it

22 18.64%
  • Fiber images is better

5 4.24%
  • Rob you're a CF whore

32 27.12%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    first off.. pedzola.. did u really expect to have everything handed to you? like them sending you screws, and pre-drilling the holes? Do you even like to work w/ ur car? if so, why are u complaining? Its obvious u've never had a body kit before. If you want things in this world, you have to work at them. also, about the fitment. dood, dont EVER , EVERRRRRRRR expect a body kit to fit 100 % perfect! NO KIT EVER WILL!!!!! I just know this from experience.. but to the normal person, they wont notice the gaps.. trust me!

also.. if ur worried about the carbon fiber cracking, then u shouldnt have gotten it.. c/f is the worst w/ durability, then the horrible fiberglass, but i've personally found out that the only way to buy a kit is to get the eurathane(sp.)..

as for the price, why did it go up? thought it was 899 shipped? where did the 975 come in?

sorry if i sounded like a dick.. just had a bad day.. anyway, if i can help w/ anything, just hit me up.

Adam

p.s. good luck w/ ur kit

patiently waiting... SLOazzEPhatch's Avatar
    Originally posted by Adubb

as for the price, why did it go up? thought it was 899 shipped? where did the 975 come in?

i would kinda like to know that too? Is showstoppers flaming on the price now because the demand is up now?

cost went up, because when Chuck was given the price there was miscommunication on the sideskirts. He was told a price, thought they were for both only to find out that the price given was for each skirt. Hence the price increase.

UPDATE: I decided to undo the rear and give it another try at fitment. With a bit of coaxing I was able to get it to fit much better. So I'm SORRY for dissing the rear lip fitment.

As for "getting everything handed to me..."

For $1000 I think they could throw in $5-10 worth of screws/bolts and a piece of paper with a little diagram of suggested attachment points. 'nuff said.

Well if anyone wants a DIY i can be happy to arrange for it. I know the exact mounting points hence mine had near perfect fitment. You will need to file the front upper edge just a bit to keep it from cracking.

def do a diy...that would be great..make sure that pics are there too :)

sorry been so busy lately. i should have detailed instructions up sometime this week.

been laggin

hell yah diy should help out a lot

ephatch member
    ill try to do a diy when i installed my mugen usdm cf lip i have pics but i still need to put the sides and rear on

Originally posted by ilive2r011
    ill try to do a diy when i installed my mugen usdm cf lip i have pics but i still need to put the sides and rear on

Could you show us the pics you have? Id really like to see the CF mugen lip. :)

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    Could you show us the pics you have? Id really like to see the CF mugen lip. :)
    Yeah, if anything, I'll be getting just the front lip, so a DIY would be great! :)

I def don't want to have to worry about cracking it during the install ;)

wow I just noticed this on this kit as well(sorry if I reposted), but the stock bumper shows through the underside of the CTR lip on this as well as fiberimages, too! :( it's noticable.. so get out your dremel lol jp

"Carbon fiber is always backed by fiberglass. Whether its the hood or the hatch, lips or mirrors. Carbon Fiber always needs a skeleton or else it will wobble... That kit is TRUE carbon fiber."

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

really, i'm sure an f1 car or Mugen's CF is just for looks and under it is chopper gun fiberglass, right......

knowledge is power, unless you're stupid

oh, yeah FYI-->'real' CF you can look through, hold it up to a light and you can see light through it, ie no fiberglass

well ok.. but that's not what I mean. if you were to look directly toward the rear lip, at that height, too eye to eye or higher.. you can see the Si's actual bumper UNDER it, not through the c.f. I didn't mean. like if you have a white or silver or whatever besides black Ep, you can see the bottom end of the actual bumper under the skirt, like an upskirt. that little part isn't a huge deal but it also doesn't support the c.f. in any way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information