Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caution Ep3 Has A Weak Clutch

Hej everyone. Ladies and Gentleman.
    I am writing this due to the fact that my EP is a 03 with 14988 miles on it and my clutch is to pieces. Yes I know how to drive stick , been doing it for a while now. Before i had problems with the 4th gear getting spit out and i took the car to the dealership where they changed the oil for free and still didnt fix shit, anyway last friday i was driving and i noticed that my car could not go more than 60 miles an hour, so i took a turn to the dealership, halfway there i could put the car in gear but the car would not move an inch. The warranty will not cover the clutch because it is what they call a wear/tear item so i have to pay for everything. I did beat on the car a little i have to admit but i thought that an si could take for at least a year. I now have to pay out of my own pocket for a new clutch with the whole goodies. I now hate honda dealerships They SUCK, but my point is to you who like to use your EP as if it is a ferrari BEWARE because there are consequences.
    THe dealer is going to install a new aftermarket clutch for me , cause i refused to have oem again, so any ideas for a performance clutch would help. Just thought I would let you know those clutches are not as strong as they put them out to be.

Peace... MIssing the EP, hate the loaner accord very much

ephatch member
    thats funny i beat the living hell out of mine everyday for about 150-250miles a day and i have 35k on it and mine still chirps 3rd and does hellatous burnouts. i would call honda of america about that one buddy

I think I probably beat more hell out of my Ep3 then anyone else here on this board. I

I learned to drive stick on my si,and once i got it going ive been driving it as if there were no tommorow, and im at 32,000miles and my clutch is still in the same shape as it was when i first got it,god i love hondas.i'd defineatly look into that one buddy.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by ep3nightkid
    I learned to drive stick on my si,and once i got it going ive been driving it as if there were no tommorow, and im at 32,000miles and my clutch is still in the same shape as it was when i first got it,god i love hondas.i'd defineatly look into that one buddy.
    yeah were not being smart asses about it, that doesnt sound right at all. you can argue with the dealership you dont have to accept everything they say.

ephatch member
    So they actually showed you the clutch and it was in peices?

About 30K on mine and I'll only slam it hard through the gears about once or twice a week. I'll run it through the gears but not slam on the clutch. Clutch is awesome. I'm expecting 60K out of my clutch if not more. This really isn't a performance car but they sure as hell advertise it as one. Slam that in their face.

How much is your clutch and install. What brand?

My '91 si has over 165,000 on the original clutch. I hope my EP will last just as long.

320000 km on my clutch -> 91 si hatch.

Damn, you got me beat.

Hah the clutch held up but the sunroof leaked (water would collect in the whole roof if i parked my car on a incline and would dump on my head once i backed out of my driveway). The drivers seatback was broken and had a milkcrate behind it to prop it up. :sadm: So in the end the car had me beat.

I live my life Turbo Free
    well, you asked about clutches, and the ones that come to my mind are ACT, ClutchMasters, and i know there are one or two more reputable brands, do a serch and/or post in the Engine section of this site.

have the car towed to another Honda dealer and have them look at it, if they say its a warrantee issue, the other dealer will have to pay for the tow. but its a gamble cause the other dealer may agree that its a wear issue and refuse it under warrantee, in that case youre out the money for the tow.

CRAP...

My ep is my first MT car. My clutch is till going strong at 21k.

Clutch...!!?? ...you mean, you guys still use that thing?? :D

ephatch member
    Since you clutch died that quickly, it was you, not the clutch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information