Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    you had to be doing hellacious burnouts or somethin like everyday.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    39,500mi on mine. 10,000mi of that is at 267WHP. Clutch still holding strong. If I dump it off the line - it melts. But as soon as it cools back down it holds strong again!!

Gango,

Ask the dealer to check the clutch pedal acuation point. It may very well be their fault and be covered by warranty!! The clutch pedal travel is adjustable. If there was a small error while your Si was being built it is possible that when you take your foot off the clutch it is still not FULLY engaged and may be "feathering" 100% of the time you are driving! That would DEFINATELY blow out a clutch in 15,000mi. I have a hard time believing it could be anything else with the abuse I put my clutch thru! Between melting it at least 5 times with my turbo on and teaching 4 people how to drive stick in my car I am a firm believe that our OEM clutches are BULLETPROOF!!

I'd ask them to check that dude, since it could decide the fate of the next $400 clutch kit you throw in there...

Eric

Thumbs up

get a stage three clutch kit
    u wont regret it
    :D

OG EP3'r
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
    [B]I think I probably beat more hell out of my Ep3 then anyone else here on this board. I

23k on mine and feels like the day i bought it. I agree with checking the engaging point at the dealership before anything.

I live my life Turbo Free
    Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
    get a stage three clutch kit
    u wont regret it
    :D
    yeah, untill hes stuck in a crawling traffic jam:(

I live my life Turbo Free
    Originally posted by esmith13
    Ask the dealer to check the clutch pedal acuation point. It may very well be their fault and be covered by warranty!! The clutch pedal travel is adjustable. If there was a small error while your Si was being built it is possible that when you take your foot off the clutch it is still not FULLY engaged and may be "feathering" 100% of the time you are driving! That would DEFINATELY blow out a clutch in 15,000mi.

that could very well be, cant hurt to have them check right?

got a clutch...

Okay Thank you to everyone of you that tried to help me with this problem. the only good thing that came out of this was free towing to the dealership. I give credit to those who put up a battle against any dealerships, cause i lost mine. Now I went to the dealership with so many mechanincs peopel i thought knew what was going on, and the honda dealership still didnt do nothing. I n case you didnt know if you are planning to put an aftermarket clutch you will also need to change the flywheel to either aftermarket or a type S flywheel. Ask Rocky at SSUSA he will tell you all about it. Today i bought a stage 1 clutchmasters and the guy who sold it tome sold me an almost brand new type s flywheel which had been resurfaced with under 10000 miles on it. together they were 610 shipped. I do admit i beat the shit out of it as if it was stolen, and i know i wont be doing that anymore for a while.
    I cant wait till i get the car going again, and yea I just purchased a v2 intake, so if someone could tell me where i can find installation instructions for that one, I would really appreciate it.

Peace

AEM's shit comes with Instructions man. Sucks about your dealer experience. Similar shit happened to me with Dodge. They all suck.

ephatch member

Weird

I have had my car for a year and in that time I have put 33000 miles on it. My clutch is in fine shape and although I don't abuse it, I do chirp the tires regularly and launch hard a few times a day.

I had the same problem with the butt pirates at VW of America with my 2k Golf GLS 1.8t. The clutch & flywheel broke in 10 pieces and it wasn't covered under warranty @30k.

You would think 1 or 2 of these things would break over time. But, not according to VW. Hence, I will never buy another VW the rest of my life. (Actually this applies to Brazil & Mexico only.)

I boughtmy EP with 30 miles on the Odometer. Now, 13 months later I have 35k+ miles. It's been in for oil changes but it hasn't had any other maintenance. I drive this thing like an idiot ALL the time EVERY day. Like stated before shifting up past 4-5k, power shifting, launching hard, and just generaly being an idiot on the road. No problems yet except for my reverse gear. Getting into reverse requires me to drive forward an inch or so first. If I don't, the gear just won't engage it feels like I'm grinding something.

BTW, after so much trouble, I've decided I'm keeping my EP. I was going to get rid of it but I've decided that it's a nice car and it's fun to drive despite the fact that it's not the fastest thing out there.

Dealers suck

This clutch has totally emptied out my savings and now i am broke, but if your clutch goes out dont send the car to the honda dealer to fix it, just sent somewhere else because they will do it for a lot cheaper. I hate this f@#ing dealers, but I am still keeping my EP, and loving it more now that i will soon have the intake and a performance clutch.

Cant wait till I get it fixed.

BTW my loaner car has the maintance light on, anyone know how to reset the thing.
    thanx

peace

weird

i work at the honda dealership and we have warrantyed mayn k series motor clutches, maybe if you guys were so bent out of shape about it they would be more willing to help you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information