Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar

Re: Re: soooo

Originally posted by scrunkness
    Read before you ask dumb questions oldschoolimport answered that they will have to suspect fraud first. I am sure if you put a new cluster in they will not suspect fraud cause its an import. A lot of people are changing there gauges now. If you don't do anything wrong then what is there to really worry about. Thats just my 2 cents.
    if you do put the ctr cluster in, I would document the mileage when you remove your cluster, and the starting mileage on the ctr cluster when you install it with FILM photographs. digital photographs are frowned upon in court because they are easier to alter. with photograph documentation, you will be able to prove how many miles are on the car.

as long as you dont mis-represent the mileage, such as claim that the new clusters mileage is the ACTUAL mileage on the car, I dont think you will have a problem.

Most states have a form to fill out for this. You go to a state office or DMV and they record your old millage and then your new millage.

Unicron loves the shocker seattlecivic's Avatar

Re: Re: soooo

Read before you ask dumb questions oldschoolimport answered that they will have to suspect fraud first. I am sure if you put a new cluster in they will not suspect fraud cause its an import. A lot of people are changing there gauges now. If you don't do anything wrong then what is there to really worry about. Thats just my 2 cents.
    Man, I would like to smack you.... I was asking a question and don't need your flaming.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for answering my question. Let's try to keept this place cool.

:angel:

Re: Re: Re: soooo

Originally posted by seattlecivic
    Let's try to keept this place cool.

:angel:
    +1

this is not clubsi, lets keep it that way.;)

Re: Re: Re: soooo

Originally posted by oldschoolimport
    if you do put the ctr cluster in, I would document the mileage when you remove your cluster, and the starting mileage on the ctr cluster when you install it with FILM photographs. digital photographs are frowned upon in court because they are easier to alter. with photograph documentation, you will be able to prove how many miles are on the car.

as long as you dont mis-represent the mileage, such as claim that the new clusters mileage is the ACTUAL mileage on the car, I dont think you will have a problem.
    Very good point about the regular picture vs digital. Never really thought about that.

Thanks oldschoolimport we need to keep this site just the way it is.:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: soooo

Very good point about the regular picture vs digital. Never really thought about that.
    in the E.R. we have to do forensic documentation on crime victims. we got into a discussion about film vs. digital, and having a photography background that kind of stuck with me. lawyers will use ANYTHING against the other side.;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information