Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Why Mee!?!???? Ugh!

Uuuggghhhh!! I have had one of those days where killing someone would give me piece of mind. Get this..
    Girlfriend and I went out today into Philly to just walk around, take a tour of the Kimmel Center, walked around Penn
    Last edited by HondCivc91; 04-12-2004 at 04:58 PM.

was your girl mad or did she think it was funny?

Originally posted by CaTiRo
    was your girl mad or did she think it was funny?
    pissed at first when i told her that she might have to help push the car, LMAO! But as we were waiting for the tow truck she kept me calm and got me and her food from McDonald's across the street. :)

aww ... thats sweet. let us know how everything goes with your car. i can't believe it took the cops that long to get there.

Damn girls if they ain't gonna help when things get rough then you don't need'em. Plenty of them around. :D Sorry about your car bro. Hopefully it's not the timing belt cause if it is your valves are probably gone too cause the pistons will hit the valves 99% of the time. $$$ :(

I had a older model honda prelude (88). when the timing belt slipped it killed the valve train and i had to but a new motor vs. repair the existing motor. hope yours isnt too pricey =0(:o :'(

Damn that sucks about your car.:(

it does suck

it sucks that it happened to you. If it is timing belt, then most likeley you are going to be a new proud owner of an EP3. I am most positive that the engine in the 91 civic is "interfierence" egnine, and the cost of replacing the head and pistons could be more than the car is worth.
    Hopefully it is just the ignition coil, ignition wires, or starter.

Re: it does suck

Originally posted by blueiedgod
    it sucks that it happened to you. If it is timing belt, then most likeley you are going to be a new proud owner of an EP3. I am most positive that the engine in the 91 civic is "interfierence" egnine, and the cost of replacing the head and pistons could be more than the car is worth.
    Hopefully it is just the ignition coil, ignition wires, or starter.
    Just wondering is are EP a "interfierence" egnine? I never looked to see if we have negative valve clearence.

That sucks about the car though. What has me worried is that is will not turn over. Does it making a clicking sound or anything when you try to turn it over? If the engine is ok get that belt changed if that was not even the problem.

....with the car just idling I highly doubt if any valve train damage was done if it is the timing belt.

Geez, dude, when I first saw that picture I figured you violated some sort of tail light ordinance. :D

sorry to hear theat, hopefully its something minor....but you dont have to worry about your valves...that chasis as well as the crx have NON-interference motors...i blew a timing belt and it reved sky high and nothing happened....thats the nice thing about these motors...well good luck and let us know...;)

Originally posted by bobdobbs
    Geez, dude, when I first saw that picture I figured you violated some sort of tail light ordinance. :D
    Zing!

Originally posted by phatsi
    sorry to hear theat, hopefully its something minor....but you dont have to worry about your valves...that chasis as well as the crx have NON-interference motors...i blew a timing belt and it reved sky high and nothing happened....thats the nice thing about these motors...well good luck and let us know...;)
    Umm...all D-series motors were interferance motors. You may have just gotten lucky and the belt broke when some of your valves were closed and the others were slightly open.

Damn man im sorry here, i hope everything goes well with it man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information