Close

ephatch member

wheel offset,tire sizing

Im planning on getting some new wheels and Im pretty set on the ones I want. They are 15" x 7" with a 41mm offset. I know stock is 45mm. As far as tire size,Im trying to decide between 205/55 or 225/50. Also Im having a hard time deciding on tires. Yokohama avs es100? Kumho ecsta supra 712? Falkens? Others? Should I be ok with the wheel offset? I might drop the car about 2 inches in the future. Will the 225's be a problem?

Unless I've lost my mind, I've heard that stock offset is 43 mm. If that's the case, then the difference isn't as much as you're thinking now -- which isn't much of a difference anyway, so you can rest easy with either number.

People don't seem to be having problems with 225's, with or without a drop. Either of the sizes you mention would work, too. The wider one would obviously give more grip, but it'll follow road irregularities a tad more. I'm getting 205/50's on 16x7 rims in a few days myself.

Reviews on Tire Rack favor the Kumho 712's over the Yokohama AVS ES100, so I would go with those. However, they seem to like Ecsta 711's even better, which is what I'm getting after all. 711's aren't made in V or Z speed ratings anymore (they're H-rated now), but usually that just won't matter.

Falken seems to make good stuff, too.

ephatch member
    The Kuhmos are really tempting. They are cheap and from what Ive heard are really good tire.(good grip,ect.). Any idea where I can find out how much they weigh?

Tire Rack doesn't even list weights.. lol.. not sure where anyone would have tire weights, either.

Might want to try Googling some more, or maybe Ask Jeeves...

Falken azenis on vulcantire.com

"15x6.5J 45" is stamped on the inside of the stock wheels...so I guess they are 45's

Im currently running 215/45 azenis on 40-offset slipstreams... no problems at all, and Im certain 225s would not be a problem either, but Im getting spacers for the hell of it.

Originally posted by BlasTech
    "15x6.5J 45" is stamped on the inside of the stock wheels...so I guess they are 45's
    Doh! I stand corrected.

Why you always gotta be copying me?!?

;) j/k.. lol

Thread Information