Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with jrsc install is fixed now

nevermind, problem fixed..thanks to ALCT, the inlet gasket was on wrong and was causing a bad idle
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 04-19-2004 at 02:37 PM.

ephatch member
    vaccum hose is loose and leaking air.. is the card sodered in?

Originally posted by spider883
    vaccum hose is loose and leaking air.. is the card sodered in?
    I've checked all hoses, nothings loose....sodered card on? do you mean soder the wires? yes the wires are sodered :(

Here's the rest of the install and the pics
    My idle is going up and down from 1k to 2k like crazy. For a while I was throwing cels, number 14 for improper idle...duh, thanks check engine light

But now, after driving it around a little, no more cels at all, but still a crazy idle from 1k to 2k back and forth. I can't figure it out. I check all my vac lines, etc...I don't get it. Also, the green light on the jrsc power car flashes when the car is running...it's supposed to stay steady. According to jrsc directions, that means my blue wire from the jr power card isn't connected correctly. I've tripled check and it's all wired correctly. eerrrrrrrrr

So any ideas anyone? I moved the TB around a lot in the engine bay with the cables still attached...any way I could have messed some cables up that way, if so, how to tell?

Well, here are my pics

Getting everything ready...taking out vacuum lines, etc

Removing TB

Removing Injectors and fuel rail

Unbolting the IM bracket from the engine

Removed the IM..very easy

Good ol corona helping me through the install...LHD_EP3's toes in the back ground

Taking the upper idler pulley off

Taking the tensioner pulley and tensioner off..I took the pulley off first to help ease the uninstall of the tensioner

New JRSC tensioner/idler pulley on

Placing the blower in place...this install was the worse part...there's two bolts that are pretty much impossible to do, there must be some crazy ass tools I've never seen that can reach to them...on is in the dead center under the blower...freaking crap! I had to use a claw thingy...nomenclature?....to take hold of the bolt, then I used the claw thing since it can bend to manuevar through and under the jrsc and slight the bolt in....then I had to use a crescent wrench with about 2mm of space to move and tighten it down.
    the bottom right one, was about as bad...not much room there either. A weird ass wrench that has some crazy bends would have been helpfull...I'm sure JR had some made just for them
    Also, the bypass valve hose was wayyyy toooo small..I've heard of this problem, so I had to go buy another one to reach the install spot

After installing the rest of the components, it's finally done

Now for the ecu wiring

B connector of the ecu. This is where JR wants the three grey wires and on blue wire from the power card spilced into the red, yello, blue, and brown wires of the ecu...they are B2-B5...it says it doesn't matter which one wire you spilce into the other wires so why make one fucking blue? no idea

Last one, is for power and ground...very easy, it's A connector. Just splice the red wire from the jr power card to the A2 yellow/black wire. the black wire from the power card is for the black ecu wire A4.

Then supposedly when you put the iginition to on, the green light in the power card flashes...mine did, so everything is cool.
    Then when you start it, the green light is supposed to stay steady...it doesn't, it keeps flashing and it says that there is something wrong with the blue wire connection...I've checked over and over again, still nothing.

So, until I get this flashing light and idling fixed...I'm not too impressed so far. My friend James/LHD_EP3 says it feels much faster, but not too me...but I was like that the first time I drove my jrsc 97 EX...it didn't feel fast until a few days later...weird :?

could it have something to do with your injen CAI? or is it supposed to be able to just run with an aftermarket intake right outta the box?

dunnoz... just throwin out some ideaz, tryin to help...

-Mike

PS-Keep me updated...

vacuum hose gets twisted easily (blue soft hose coming out of power card), watch it.
    check for odd noises, do you hear a psssssssss ?
    like I said, check and make sure the inlet casting gasket is installed properly, look for a leak at the bearings, cover the 20% visible part of the two bearings with your finger and see if idling stops.
    I can't think of anything else. must be an air leak. do not drive before fixing the problem :) especially the idle problem.
    keep us posted.

Originally posted by ALCT
    vacuum hose gets twisted easily (blue soft hose coming out of power card), watch it.
    check for odd noises, do you hear a psssssssss ?
    like I said, check and make sure the inlet casting gasket is installed properly, look for a leak at the bearings, cover the 20% visible part of the two bearings with your finger and see if idling stops.
    I can't think of anything else. must be an air leak. do not drive before fixing the problem :) especially the idle problem.
    keep us posted.
    awsome...that's exactly what is happening to me. I'm going to have to try that tomorrow, the wife is getting pissy. So now I hope that will fix it, then I need to fix the damn slipping belt prob. But one thing I'm confused when you say the inlet casting, is when you say bearings...sorta confused But thanks so far man...you're the only one that's helping me :)

yu should have found two gaskets in the box, concentrate on the smaller one. a is inlet casting, stick your head in the engine bay and try to see half visible two bearings (behind the casting). if the gasket is not placed properly the leak is from the bearings. the two long sides of the gasket is different, one side is straight and one side is to seal around the bearings.

Last edited by ALCT; 04-17-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Originally posted by ALCT
    yu should have found two gaskets in the box, concentrate on the smaller one. a is inlet casting, stick your head in the engine bay and try to see half visible two bearings (behind the casting). if the gasket is not placed properly the leak is from the bearings. the two long sides of the gasket is different, one side is straight and one side is to seal around the bearings.

got it, I'll have to try that tomorrow then

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Wow I'm totally fuckin' late...damn dude I haven't talked to you in a while and thought you weren't going through w/ the SC. Is it up and running now? I wanna see #'s dammit :D

grats on boost...how's san angelo btw? :)

Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
    Wow I'm totally fuckin' late...damn dude I haven't talked to you in a while and thought you weren't going through w/ the SC. Is it up and running now? I wanna see #'s dammit :D

grats on boost...how's san angelo btw? :)
    What's up Alex! :D The sc is running great. only two little problems I had to work out. It's running better and better the more I drive it. I can't get a dyno until I come down to San Antonio...nothing up here :( But I may being hitting the track on May 7th...that's if the baby boy has already come out :D I can't leave Sandra to go to the drag strip. It's running a bit rich, but better rich than lean. I might have some vids up in about a week. I need to get some kind of fire wire connection for this laptop...my other computer went to shit.

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    What's up Alex! :D The sc is running great. only two little problems I had to work out. It's running better and better the more I drive it. I can't get a dyno until I come down to San Antonio...nothing up here :(
    Haha whoops missed your thread where you got it all right...that's awesome man. Tell me when you go dyno your car here in SA...I wanna get mine dyno'd too so i'll chip in, maybe w/ some other ppl too...see if we can't get a discounted rate or something? I really wanna see your car tuned w/ some badass numbers ;)

But I may being hitting the track on May 7th...that's if the baby boy has already come out :D I can't leave Sandra to go to the drag strip.
    Yea, I don't think your wife would forgive you if you missed your son's birth for some track times lol :D Congrats again

so the inlet gasket was the problem no?

I'm trying to diagnose the same situation :/

Quote Originally Posted by iR-VTEC2

welcome to the club :D
    gasket, reverse it and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iR-VTEC2

yeap :D it was that damn gasket. Just switch it around...the wider part goes towards those bearings...the round dark grey things

so the gasket just kinda sticks outta the inlet when lookin at it from the front? It seems i have it correct 0_o.

SO like..........the bearings.........should be completely covered by the gasket??
    Last edited by iR-VTEC2; 07-04-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information