Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iR-VTEC2
    so the gasket just kinda sticks outta the inlet when lookin at it from the front? It seems i have it correct 0_o.

SO like..........the bearings.........should be completely covered by the gasket??
    I don't think they are completely covered by the gasket...just make sure that the wides part of the gasket is facing towards the bearings...that will make sure you don't get a vaccum leak

so the gasket just kinda sticks outta the inlet when lookin at it from the front? It seems i have it correct 0_o.

SO like..........the bearings.........should be completely covered by the gasket??
    first feel the leak at the bearings (loud hissing), then by using your pointing finger (press hardly) cover the bearings, crazy idling and loud hissing should disappear. thats how I found the problem, it was very obvious that something was wrong in that area. I think JR should update the instructions and put a warning at the gasket install.

Well i dont have crazy hissing sounds and the gasket is indeed in the correct position. Does it matter which way it is on tho? Like which face should be against the inlet? didn't look like it did. my idle is not freaky. It seems normal. Stays just below 1k tho. That might indicate something..

What was your crazy idle situation like?
    Last edited by iR-VTEC2; 07-04-2004 at 10:25 PM.

Well i dont have crazy hissing sounds and the gasket is indeed in the correct position. Does it matter which way it is on tho? Like which face should be against the inlet? didn't look like it did. my idle is not freaky. It seems normal. Stays just below 1k tho. That might indicate something..

What was your crazy idle situation like?
    it was idling back and forth between 1000-4000 rpm. every 3 secs. oh what a bitch it was.... what exactly is the problem you are having? crazy idling or an air leak?

well..my idle seems just fine. The car feels great!

My problem is that the yellow light (middle) one on the a-card never goes off.

i don't hear any hissing from the engine.

My other problem is the tensioner. My belt does not seem to be able to tighten. The tensioner bolt is all the way down. The belt even slipped off.

I dunno whats going on? the only thing I can think of is that i got the wrong belt from jackson but 02SilverSiHB said that i have the right one.

im all trippin.

Another weird thing i noticed is that when under boost, the a-card makes a buzzing sound. Is that normal>?

when installing the belt, start from bottom of the crank pulley to ac compressor to water pump to alternator to SC, from the sc goes under the tensioner pulley and finally back to the crank pulley.
    as for the yellow light: did you cut and solder the wires or did you use t taps? I called JR with the same problem and they advised me to solder. problem was gone. Buzzing is prolly from the yellow light being on. did you reset the ecu?

well..my idle seems just fine. The car feels great!

My problem is that the yellow light (middle) one on the a-card never goes off.

i don't hear any hissing from the engine.

My other problem is the tensioner. My belt does not seem to be able to tighten. The tensioner bolt is all the way down. The belt even slipped off.

I dunno whats going on? the only thing I can think of is that i got the wrong belt from jackson but 02SilverSiHB said that i have the right one.

im all trippin.

Another weird thing i noticed is that when under boost, the a-card makes a buzzing sound. Is that normal>?
    what size pulley are you using on the jrsc? is it a 4" or 4.4"

ALCT: Im made a diagram of how i set up the belt. (as seen on kseries)

http://www.astralaxe.com/belts.jpg

I did not solder the wires :/. I suppose i should do that.

It's weird tho...the "buzzing" only happens when the boost light comes on. I'm going to call them on Tuesday.

02SilverSiHB: using the pulley that comes with the blower. I measured it and its about 4 and 1/4"

ALCT: Im made a diagram of how i set up the belt. (as seen on kseries)

http://www.astralaxe.com/belts.jpg

I did not solder the wires :/. I suppose i should do that.

It's weird tho...the "buzzing" only happens when the boost light comes on. I'm going to call them on Tuesday.

02SilverSiHB: using the pulley that comes with the blower. I measured it and its about 4 and 1/4"
    the pulley will say the size on it... on the side of it closest to the charger...but it should be the 4.4 since it came with the kit. I'm not sure why you're having problems.. Also, k20bucket had the yellow light but got it fixed...ask him about it.
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 07-05-2004 at 07:16 PM.

pulley does not say the size on it :/ wtf...did i get jacked by jackson? did they send me some kinda freak experiment kit? heh

btw k20bucket........i can't seem to find that user

pulley does not say the size on it :/ wtf...did i get jacked by jackson? did they send me some kinda freak experiment kit? heh

btw k20bucket........i can't seem to find that user
    hhhmm, strange, on the side of the jackson racing pulley, the side without the nut it should say 4.4 JR pulley...mine does, also the jrsc from the rsx says 4.0" on it...weird, you might have a small one..so if it's closer to being 4" then you have the wrong one...

Anyway, it's k20nutbucket I was talking about, on this page he says he solved the problem...might check with him on that yellow flash
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...t=40306&page=3

By the way are you sure you have the black tensioner pulley tightened? and it's not sitting at an angle..if it's sitting at an angle it will make the belt slip off.

yep , the tension is seated well and straight.

I tried calling jr today but i guess they're busy. Holiday weekend and all
    I sent them a detailed message as well and made sure that i put that im asking people on ephatch.com as well as k-series.com about this problem

Im gonna continue to try to call oscar.

sigh. nuts trips man, nuts trips.

Import04Si - Delewhere?

hey i just installed my jrsc this week....i went with the short ram intake because ive read on my research that the more the blower has to pull to get air...the more power you lose...so the shorter the intake, the less it has to pull for air...check out the pics

my webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Import04Si
    hey i just installed my jrsc this week....i went with the short ram intake because ive read on my research that the more the blower has to pull to get air...the more power you lose...so the shorter the intake, the less it has to pull for air...check out the pics

my webpage
    hondata did dynos and said it lost power with a sri versus a cai..but that was on the type s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information