Close

short shifter experience

what experience have you had with short shifter brands, if any? what brands did you like? which ones did you hate? i am wondering because the neuspeed kit looks really good, but dc has one also. which one would you get? or would you wait for the skunk2? thoughts? thanks.

Re: short shifter experience

Originally posted by fishboy
    what experience have you had with short shifter brands, if any? what brands did you like? which ones did you hate? i am wondering because the neuspeed kit looks really good, but dc has one also. which one would you get? or would you wait for the skunk2? thoughts? thanks.
    basically all the short shifters are the same. I had a knock off DC brand from ebay. Lasted for ever and had a great short throw.
    Neuspeed has been doing this for a while now. Skunk2 is just a name, it's really no big deal. DC is okay also. I'd say get the cheapest one between skunk,dc, and neuspeed, or which one you like the looks of best

SiCivic2k2
    Where can you find the DC one at?

at a couple of shops in san diego. i don't think it is the right one anymore because the guy said that it is the same as the rsx, then again another shop said they had it and didn't mention the rsx connection. they were selling it for like 75 bucks. so i'm not entirely sure about the dc model. i don't know i think i want the neuspeed one. looks like good quality.

SiCivic2k2
    Yeah, I was just curious. I've already put my request in for the Neuspeed one.

I'll probably install my Neuspeed short shifter this weekend. If not, it will have to wait till I get to Georgia.

Moose
    I'm using the Neuspeed short shifter and am satisfied. The throws have been reduced about 40% or so, but not as short as I anticipated.

Go for it and G'luck.

ephatch member
    I drove a neuspeed equipped car yesterday and liked it. Dont think it was quite 40% shorter though, felt like less.

DC does NOT have one available as of now, but will very shortly. The RSX one is different and will not work correctly. I have driven cars with the DC in the past and have been happy with them. Probably go the same route with this one

Re: short shifter experience

Originally posted by fishboy
    the only company that makes a short throw shifter is arospeed, no one else for know

i have the neuspeed one on my car and the throw is perfect. Go to www.redlineautosport.com and they sell the neuspeed one there for around 110 bucks.

Thread Information