Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

ever heard of ZYMOL?

they other day my friend told me to try this wax called zymol. its like a light blueish wax and its supose to make ur car shine and remove swirl marks at the same time. anyone heard of this product? is it good?

zymbol?

Yep, I use it...its good but not that good. I'm going to do the multi step process with Klasse next wax job...its described in another thread in this forum.

Agreed, Xymol is kinda overrated (especially if it's the one purchased from Wal-Mart). The only xymol that's worth it's price is the carbon formula, and I believe it's about $40 for a small can of it.

I also use Klasse, but might be trying Zaino Bros. soon.

ephatch member
    what waxes are good outthere ? that helps remove swirls and all. i heard a bunch of 3 step waxes but i dunno which are good. i have a black car so i need the best for it. thanks for all ur responds

ephatch member
    zaino is the best. case closed.

Originally posted by X 2KS2K
    zaino is the best. case closed.
    I disagree, but it's good stuff.

I've used quite a few of the 3-step kits. Meguairs, Mothers, but now I make my own 3-steps... actually it's more than 3, but... hahaha

1) Clay Bar
    2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks IMMENSELY
    3) Klasse All-In-One
    4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
    5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba

I had a navy blue jetta before my EP, and the method I described above kept it swirl mark free and shiny.
    http://www.dubfusion.com/misc/goodpic2.jpg

ssvr6
    Klasse hands down is the product of choice.

Steve

ephatch member
    ok, klasse may be as good or better than zaino, i've never used it so i don't know. zaino is some good shit though. here is a comparison test between zaino, zymol (both cheap stuff and nsx) and meguair's gold class => http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
    Last edited by X 2KS2K; 10-13-2002 at 04:13 PM.

Oh there's no doubt that zaino is good stuff. The comparison you'll come across on detailer's message boards is Klasse vs. Zaino. Klasse tends to have a much more natural, clear look; whereas Zaino has a sizzling wet look. I'm actually curious whether Zaino would be better since I have a white EP, but we shall see. :D

ephatch member
    after further review... i ordered up some klasse products, lol. it looks like it is so much easier to apply than the zaino million step process. i've been dreading beginning the zaino process because we are currently under water restrictions here in raleigh and the only place i can hand wash my car is about 8 miles away! @#$%^&%&$

i really don't want to wash my car, then drive it 8 miles, then wax it. i'm worried about rubbing in dirt, instant swirl marks. it looks like i'll be able to apply the klasse products pretty quickly, so i can do it right at the carwash. thanks for the heads up!

Sure thing man, I think you'll be pleased with the Klasse products. If you are looking for some application tips, check out the forums at http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php

I'm getting ready to order jaydub's multi step process w/ Klasse products. Going to detail my families' autos when I get to GA as X-mas gifts and the like. Plus, my car needs a good detailing (damn tree sap mainly). :D

HondaMan, are you going to try it with a random orbital buffer? I had 10x better results using my Porter Cable 7424 to apply it. :)

Originally posted by jaydub
    HondaMan, are you going to try it with a random orbital buffer? I had 10x better results using my Porter Cable 7424 to apply it. :)
    I have a Black & Decker random orbital polisher. You think that will be good enough or is the Porter Cable 7424 a must have & worth the investment? If so, I wonder what Home Depot has them for...I'm already going to order $170 worth of products from CMA soon (including 10% discount from autopia). Hmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information