Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ephatch member
    What about a DIY for the audio challenged...:D

Yea a DIY would be nice.

Just wondering what would this cost a average person in material?

I want a sub and I want to keep room in the back of my EP so I am thinking of doing a custom or a Basslink. I do not need a ton of bass I just want some extra bump in my system.

If I did a costom I would want to just put in one Sub on the drivers side and put the amp under the driver's seat.

Vendor
    question...once you get the mold...do you just use more fiberglass mat and bondo to get the mold to stick on to the wood (where you would mount the sub)? i've been DYING to do this project...

ephatch member
    Damn Silver-Si we are on the same track. I was thinking about just getting a bazooka tube for the base. I want to hear one first but Circuit City wont hook one up for me...:'(

Originally posted by Si02
    Damn Silver-Si we are on the same track. I was thinking about just getting a bazooka tube for the base. I want to hear one first but Circuit City wont hook one up for me...:'(
    DO NOT get the bazooka tube! I worked the Circuit City in the past and there were and still are crap. Pure crap. Yes I do mean crap.

That is why I was thinking a box till I heard about the basslink.

Vendor
    bazooka tubes blow...get a real sub...they're almost the same price...you can buy a nice alpine type r for like 120. anyway...i talked to my friend who used to be a professional installer, he said fiberglass enclosers like this don't sound as good...it just looks good...best thing to do is make it out of MDF... if you check out www.alpine-usa.com and check out their DEMO cars (the two guys working on it, mike and steve i believe, are the gods of custom stereo), if you look at their work, they do nothing out of fiberglass...only thing is they build it out of mdf, then they glass it and bondo it so they have a nice painting surface...

Sound Quality of Fiberglass Boxes. "mine"

You dont know SHITT budy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ep3smoke
    agreed

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    can you make one for a 12" polk momo sub??

polk momo 12

a momo 12 is very possible, only problem is getting the correct volume out of a box that is built to look as clean as possible "not taking up the storage area or looking huge' ya know. Thats why i went with tens, tens aren't usally as boomy as 12's , but good power and a correctly PORTED volumed box with the right "good quality'' sub and it will sound great.
    I have updated pictures and will post later, the current pics are kind of old.

Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3smoke
    i guess you know a lot of shit you fuckin asshole. all i did was state what i heard...no need to be a fuckin dick. you could have just said, "well your friend is wrong, listen to a fiberglass enclosure and tell me what you think" fuckin dick...don't need members like your retarded ass on this board. this is why a lot of forums turn sour...when people who know more, rub it in the faces of the people that don't.

darn, i'm sorry. didnt know you where so senceitive. sounds like you have the sour adittude to me budy. bla bla. so please dont talk about things you have no idea about. "FIBERGLASS" because people on this board will take things like" fiber glass enclosers dont sound good" seriously. OH ya. am i a fucking dick or fucking asshole? i prefer FUCKING DICK. :D

Vendor
    all i have to say is that if your a professional, you share with the rest of the people on the forum what's the benefits or whatever of a fiberglass enclosure. maybe some people want to ask but they feel it might offend you (which it obviously did), so they don't....i thought that was the point of this forum? anyway, nice box, i wish i had the time/skills to build something like that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information