Close

Thread: Hy-Low HID Kit?

Hy-Low HID Kit?

Hi all,
    how much are the Hy-Low H4 HID Kit? Are they significantly more expensive than those that are not? By Hy-Low, I mean HID lights that has the high-beam functionality as well as the low-beam just as the stock H4 bulbs do.
    Thanks!

in His love,
    HS

SF-SI-02
    Dont sweat the cost sweat the technology, HI/LO H4's suck because there is usually a solenoid which swing a mirror back and forth to go from hi to lo. The downside it that HID is REALLY HOT, which melts just about anything in there, solinoids included. Moreover, with most of the HI'LO kits, you can't buy standars d2r or d2s bulbs, you need to buy them from the clowns who ripped you off with a hi/lo kit to begin with. The "only" nice options I have seen are the kits where a second halogen bulb is used for the high beam and a HID is only on the low beam. The cleanest lo HID are those using the casper shield (do a search), I would hope that someone would be gutsy enough to try installing a single halogen bulb on top of a casper shield to have a kick-ass hi-lo setup but no one to date has done so, and I am afraind that any shieldng on the cables into the ligth fixture would melt and the casper shield would short out my hi beams. At any rate, if you want a dope HID hi/lo get a new set of hedlights with two bulbs, one low and on hi, and THEN do the upgrade.

P.S. do you live inside the coors beer factory?

Re: Hy-Low HID Kit?

Originally posted by ravenings
    Hi all,
    how much are the Hy-Low H4 HID Kit? Are they significantly more expensive than those that are not? By Hy-Low, I mean HID lights that has the high-beam functionality as well as the low-beam just as the stock H4 bulbs do.
    Thanks!

in His love,
    HS
    Moved to lighting, and they will cost much more.

The downside it that HID is REALLY HOT,
    do you know hid runs at 35watt?
    and our halogen low beam runs at 55watt.

how can you generate heats with lower wattage?

i've been running hid kit on my ep3...
    too bad i haven't seen the phenomenon of the headlight housing or harness melting down.

SF-SI-02
    Go to HID forum, those guys buy suvlights heavy duty harnesses all the time because they fry their stock harnesses on retrofits. As for heat, HID forum will also tell you about that. They are at

hidforum.com

For the sickest retrofits you will ever find: hidtech.com

$720 buys you a rediculous retrofit with the lastest bixenon projectors.

Thread Information