Close

Thread: wheel bore size

wheel bore size

Hey everyone - I bought some wheels from a '99 miata to use for autox on my '02 Si. The bore on the wheel isn't big enough to fit on the Si's hub though. What size do I need to have the miata wheels bored to so that they will fit? I've heard 56mm but I'm not sure if that is correct.

I'd say check your stock wheels or whatever wheels you had on it before

I don't have anything to accurately measure the bore though. The machine shop needs exact dimensions and I don't want to tell them wrong.

56.1mm ;)

Thanks, Low Rider. So if I tell the machine shop to make the bore on the miata wheels 56.1mm, those wheels will fit right onto my Si's wheel hub - correct? I won't need hubcentric rings or anything like that - right?

Originally posted by mrsoul55
    I don't have anything to accurately measure the bore though. The machine shop needs exact dimensions and I don't want to tell them wrong.

I don't know the #'s but I measured my spare and it looks to be about 2 mm's wider than a pack of marlboro's box, You could always send the spare tire or at least the hold that goes in the center for a reference. That's the best I can do :( sorry

...assuming the machine shop knows what they're doing, yes. You should also check the offset on the Miata wheels. The Honda Si-HB offset is 45mm. You could range between 40-45mm but don't go much outside of those figures. ;)

The reason I even bought the miata wheels was so that I could mount some Azenis to them to use for autox. I want to stay in G-Stock so the miata wheels allow me to. They have a 40 offset which is within the allowable range for the stock class.
    I'm going over today to see how much it will cost to bore out the wheels. Hopefully not much as this is turning into more of a burden than I thought it would be!
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Thread Information