Close

Fiberglass side skirt update

To all with fiberglass side skirts i was jsut wondering how they are holding up in terms of chips? cracks? and other things of this sort. How long have you had them on you car? PLease post pics if possible. becasue i hear alot of bad things about fiberglas but i know alot of people on this board have it.

i've had the showstoppers usdm ctr side skirts,well actually the full lip kit, but the only thing im having problems with chipping is the front lip. but the sides and rear are perfect still. my ep is black so that makes it even worse for the front lip..the chips stand out alot so im constantly touching it up..like almost every weekend..sorry i have no close up pics

anything can chip... my car is stock, and i got chips on my fender, hood, and bumper from rocks.

but fiberglass isn't really worth it IMO, but if you want the looks, go for it, just be warned that it's a pain to maintain... i had a fiberglass kit on my EK, and i had minor chipping. i also got backed into while it was parked, and got a big hole cracked into it. so i would never do a fiberglass kit again, but that's just me... just save and buy the legit stuff.

i have a the c/f d3 fiber images kit. and damn just from when i test fitted it this biatch crakced in 2 diff places ! jus fixed it up with a bondo figerglass repair kit and painted it black(the underside) other than that it looks real good

Originally posted by 513n179
    anything can chip... my car is stock, and i got chips on my fender, hood, and bumper from rocks.

but fiberglass isn't really worth it IMO, but if you want the looks, go for it, just be warned that it's a pain to maintain... i had a fiberglass kit on my EK, and i had minor chipping. i also got backed into while it was parked, and got a big hole cracked into it. so i would never do a fiberglass kit again, but that's just me... just save and buy the legit stuff.
    Yeah, save and buy better material kits. Also moved to aero :)

well the reason i'm asking is becasue i wan thte USDM mugen lip in CF but i don't like the look of cf sideskirts. But i really want the type R style ones. I would get the CTR but then it would be too expensive to paintover taffetta white

i think the potential for skirts to get chipped up is not bad compared to a bumper.

im kinda having 2nd thoughts about installing them. =o(
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Who sells USDM Mugen lips (cf or non-cf)? Thanks!

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    i think the potential for skirts to get chipped up is not bad compared to a bumper.

im kinda having 2nd thoughts about installing them. =o(
    are they painted white? if so i might buy them from you

rumble: ss sells the carbon fiber muegn front lip. not sure about the fiberglass version yet but jus give em a call and theyll be glad to help you out.

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rumble
    Who sells USDM Mugen lips (cf or non-cf)? Thanks!
    VIS has the USDM one fiberglass and carbonfiber http://www.visracing.com/catalog/ind...th=26_29_41_43 it's not the USDM pic but i called them today and they said that it fits the USDM and he said that there MIGHT be some modification but ppl who bought them already hasn't complained about it that's what the dude told me at VIS and it sells for 125 fiberglass and carbonfiber is 280 hope that helps

Thanks so much guys! :)

How did you guys install your Side skirts?

I ordered the USDM CTR replica sides, did you have to drill into the panels etc..? Anyplace with a write of how to install the USDM sides?

Thread Information