Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Push start from S2000. 56k warning.

This weekend I decided to install the S2000 push start into my "ugly ass" EP. And damn does it look cool. If anyone wants to see pictures, let me know. I removed the hazzard light button and am going to move it to the other side of the shifter, hopefully this week. The chrome ring around the push start goes extremely well with the other chrome accents in the car, like the shift boot.
    Last edited by bmx269; 10-15-2002 at 10:55 AM.

how do you install it what do you hook it into and so on

installation. I used the instructions from this site for the wiring : http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/cosm..._start_button/

For the rest, here is what i did. On the S2000 button there is a spring clip and a plastic clip. See my diagram. The plastic clip needs to be filed off, aswell the "ridges" need to be filed so that they fit snug in the hole where the button is going. In my case the hazzard button hole. This ment filing down to just below the lower ridge, it fit nice and tight that way. Next you need to wire it up. Take the lower steering cover off, to see the starter wires, the starter on is the thick black and white wire comming out of the yellow plug. See it? good. I did NOT cut this wire, what I did was went to Canadian Tire, any automotive store will do, and got some wire splicing clips, they were around 2 bucks for 4 of them. I clamped it on the wire and ran it to the button. The other 2 wires were alot easier. ACC or Accessory is the same as the red wire on a stereo install. Its the power when the key is on. I choose an approprate wire, in my case, I spliced into the lighter wire. As for ground, under the drivers side of the dash, against the center area, there is a metal black box with a brass colored screw, this is grounded. That was all it took. Now all i do is switch the car to "ON" or when all the dash lights come on. Then with the clutch in, press "engine start" :) My diagram:

Here is what it looks like installed.

What radio kit is that?

ssvr6
    I'm not feeling it.

Steve

that is soo cool, but don't you have to worry about people breaking into your car now with a shiney red button that says push me and i will start?

Same head unit as me. ;) I haven't installed it yet, but now I want to!

The Alpine 7897 is installed without using a kit, there was no kit available, so I tried it without one, Im quite happy with the result. The push start could mean, steal me, but hey, if someone is going to steal your car, they will.

Steve... what are you not feeling?

Nice touch, but not sure if I'm going to do all that.

I think it looks good. But your head unit looks like it's sticking WAY out. Hopefully you'll be able to clean that up a little.

The head unit has a motorised faceplate that comes out of the deck. So the faceplate is ment to stick out away from the deck.

Will it start with out the key in the ignition? I thought the imobilizer should prevent that?

No, it will not start without the key.

No, it will not run the starter without the clutch in. So if a passenger pushed the button while you were driving, it would do nothing. (unless the clutch was in)

It is still needing the key to start, all the button does is the same thing your key does when you turn it past the "ON" position, it creates a circut. Its completely simple. Hope this helped. BTW, I can get the button from honda for wholesale. This is 68.00 canadian. +tax If anyone in the Vancouver area wants one, let me know.

that is absofuckinglutely tight. i wish i had my ep back :(

i was always planning on moving the hazards to that other hole, and putting a nitrous button there instead.. .but shit, that looks tighter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information