Close

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar

red door panels??

anyone knows if it is possible to do the door panels red like the type r? what type of material is the real ones? how hard would this be? i know the older model civics wouldnt be that hard to do. oh pics of the real civic typer door panel would help.

i think if you take your panels to an interior shop they can wrap your panels in red to give you the CTR look. as for the type of material, they'll probably use the same type as stock but in red. shouldn't be too hard, it's custom... it can be done.

use some red alcantra or what ever the seats are made out of... or suede and type x did this to his. man it looks so good...

type x got real ctr door panels

if you want to do it out of your oem ones you have to cut that panel out (the black fabric part) of the whole thing put the red fabric on and then glue it back to the original panel.

Arent there some you can buy somewhere? I saw some in an ep at a car show and it didnt look to custom. Not sure tho

Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
    type x got real ctr door panels

if you want to do it out of your oem ones you have to cut that panel out (the black fabric part) of the whole thing put the red fabric on and then glue it back to the original panel.
    no type x just recently bought them... he had custom inserts before and they looked damn good. he is goin to put the jdm door panels in soon when he gets him car back but look around some pics u might find one of the inserts...

blah.

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    wow. i thought this thread was dead already. anyways, i thought type x had ctr door panels in the first place. i dont want the ctr panels b/c its too much money and plus the powerlocks will be on the passenger side. kinda dumb for soo much money. so i cant just pop out the fabric section on the door panel? it has to be cut out?? i thoght it would be easier than that.

well i would just say find a place that will do it...
    find the fabric in red u want...
    ask them how they are goin to do it... ie. they just cut the fabric off then refabric it

if so just let them install it or u could just ask how and do urself. could be hard could be easy i personnally dont kno.

its been posted already on how they do it. i search but i couldnt find it. maybe im jus using the wrong words...

Thread Information