Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

decided to go boost

alright after a long thought of boost or N/A i have decided to go with the greddy turbo setup. say what you want about another brand of turbo but this is the one i am getting. anyways. i like my magnaflow exhaust but i want it to be more friendly with a turb. this means i want the pipe bigger. 3" to be exact. what would the muffler shop have to do to fit a 3" pipe on their with my magnaflow muffler. would i keep the same sound?

also should i go with the new dc sports race header? suggestions on which headers work better with F/I please. thanks.

should have my turbo by xmas casue i just spent $4000 on some other goodies :D

Re: decided to go boost

Originally posted by 02civicSI

also should i go with the new dc sports race header? suggestions on which headers work better with F/I please. thanks.

Sure, if you want to waste a pile of cash.
    That and all other headers are for supercharged and n/a apps.

Re: Re: decided to go boost

Originally posted by RMC22
    Sure, if you want to waste a pile of cash.
    That and all other headers are for supercharged and n/a apps.
    any gains what-so-ever from aftermarket headers? or are the gains so minimal that the price is not worth it? a little more info than "sure if you want to waste a pile of cash" would help. thanks.

hey there dean...haha sorry but u told me to remind u to bring the si emblem please to the Q

any gains what-so-ever from aftermarket headers? or are the gains so minimal that the price is not worth it? a little more info than "sure if you want to waste a pile of cash" would help. thanks.

No offense man, but do yourself and your car a favor and learn ALOT more about forced induction before you spend any money on a turbo kit. What RMC22 was saying is that it'd be a waste of money to buy the DC header b/c you wouldn't even be able to use it with a turbo kit. So like RMC22 said, yes it would be a "waste of a pile of cash" to buy a DC header.

Do some reading.

Thanks. Sorry, thought I was clear when I said that headers were for supercharged and n/a applications.
    02civ..
    You've got 8 months to read read read about forced induction! You can do it, just start learning as much as you can.

alright after a long thought of boost or N/A i have decided to go with the greddy turbo setup. say what you want about another brand of turbo but this is the one i am getting. anyways. i like my magnaflow exhaust but i want it to be more friendly with a turb. this means i want the pipe bigger. 3" to be exact. what would the muffler shop have to do to fit a 3" pipe on their with my magnaflow muffler. would i keep the same sound?

should have my turbo by xmas casue i just spent $4000 on some other goodies :D
    Any turbo kit you buy will come with a turbo manifold, you cannot use any other "header". Go read up on how a turbo works and you'll understand why... 3" will work fine but do NOT install it until the turbo is on. As for the sound, normally 3" would be much louder but once the turbo is on it will quiet your exhaust note and sound completely different from what you're hearing now w/ your N/A setup. If your magnaflow muffler does not have a 3" inlet, you must toss for a muffler that does have a 3" inlet, otherwise you create a bottleneck defeating the purpose of 3" exhaust.

Originally posted by danoonez
    No offense man, but do yourself and your car a favor and learn ALOT more about forced induction before you spend any money on a turbo kit. What RMC22 was saying is that it'd be a waste of money to buy the DC header b/c you wouldn't even be able to use it with a turbo kit. So like RMC22 said, yes it would be a "waste of a pile of cash" to buy a DC header.

Do some reading.
    that would be the purpose of this forum

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
    If your magnaflow muffler does not have a 3" inlet, you must toss for a muffler that does have a 3" inlet, otherwise you create a bottleneck defeating the purpose of 3" exhaust.
    this is what i thought would happen.

Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
    everybody beat me to it about the turbo manifold.. majority of the time, when you see a header for sale, it is because they decided to turbo their motor. Go to http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm This is a good place to start. Make SURE you read up... because yes you can boost the K series motor... but you have to be careful.. this motor cannot handle a lot of boost because of the compression. It definately is not a 2JZ that in stock form can handle up to 30 PSI. Also, make sure you someone who knows a lot about turbos to help you with the isntall.. figuring out one works is easy.. figuring out why one doesnt work is very hard.
    mods:

Stuff

Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
    and it looks like everyone also covered about the exhaust issue as well...
    mods:

Stuff

that would be the purpose of this forum
    Yes, to read. Not to ask questions without using the "search" function first.

Originally posted by VBSI
    Yes, to read. Not to ask questions without using the "search" function first.
    just saw the search button. thanks. im a newb.

just saw the search button. thanks. im a newb.
    after 955 posts you barely found out about the search button?

Originally posted by DumbNewB
    after 955 posts you barely found out about the search button?
    :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information