Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    where would u find an 20A head?

Awesome #'s.

you guys go all the way to fall river for a dyno? Isn't there anywhere closer?

Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    where would u find an 20A head?
    Funny, I just asked the same thing the other day and got one response, which was to buy it from Acura. I bet that would not be expensive

Originally posted by slc71
    Funny, I just asked the same thing the other day and got one response, which was to buy it from Acura. I bet that would not be expensive
    if you get lucky you can find one on ebay for a good price i know thats where tim got his

I did find a website with one page that has k20 engine swaps. I am going to email him about the head only!

www.k20swap.com

How come your #s are so low? My A2 swap with factory RSX S ecu, V2, highflow cat and catback exhuast netted me 183hp and 130 ft/lbs.

I wonder if your valve train is screwed. Im just saying that cause my motor got stronger numbers the hotter it got. In my A3 the more runs the weaker the numbers cause my valve train was about to go.

Probably the lower compression of the a3 bottom

Thumbs up

Good number very nice gains the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by 04rider
    Probably the lower compression of the a3 bottom
    Ah, that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisITR
    How come your #s are so low? My A2 swap with factory RSX S ecu, V2, highflow cat and catback exhuast netted me 183hp and 130 ft/lbs.

I wonder if your valve train is screwed. Im just saying that cause my motor got stronger numbers the hotter it got. In my A3 the more runs the weaker the numbers cause my valve train was about to go.
    nah my valvetrain isn't screwed. the a2 ecu is designed for the a2 motor, which has a much higher compression ratio than the a3. puting the a2 head/ecu on the a3 block results in 2 things. 1) it runs a little bit rich, which bogs it down, thus killing horsepower, and 2) the ignition timing is way more retarded then it needs to be. with the k-pro, i've heard of some people being able to advance it by as much as 10 degrees. also, the rims i was running at the time weighed 20lbs each, +20lbs tires = 40 lbs per wheel. this produces lower numbers on the dyno. i've since switched back to the stock wheels, and will soon be getting some slipstreams. this should add another 5whp or so, and a few wtq. i'll also be getting my k-pro soon (i know i've been saying that for a while, but money is finally comming in on a steady basis, and after this 1 last court appearance i have to deal with, i'll be getting it), so i should be able to squeeze 5 to 10whp out of that. once all is said and done (and before the K24 block or turbo, whichever it ends up being), i should be hitting close to, if not slightly over 200whp.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Recently I've been noticing ALOT of K20a2 and K20z1 head swap questions. So I'm bumping this up for people to see.

Gearhead Geek was the FIRST well recorded K20a2 headswap online. Anjapower was the second and most well documented headswap online. If by chance you have questions, PM Gearhead Geek first. He knows his stuff and has had the headswap for over 50k miles.

Hope this helps some of you.

More info here....
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35851

*He was at last years MD BBQ. Talk to him in person if he is at this years.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 06-29-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information