Close

Thread: Mother's Wax

Mother's Wax

i just bought a brand called mother's wax...heard it's a good brand...anyone uses it??...

ephatch member
    I used it years ago on my first car and I consider it to be just like any other wax out there. If you are looking for the best IMO,use Zaino. Many people will agree with that.

Zaino Bros.

Re: Mother's Wax

Originally posted by dizkrazieviet
    i just bought a brand called mother's wax...heard it's a good brand...anyone uses it??...
    yup, depending on who u talk to itz either trash or the best in the world... it doesnt make that big of a difference to me, so i bought it and tried it... its pretty good...

waxed my car 2 weeks ago, it rains (all the time) go outside, carz dry. still SHINEYYYYYYYYY and i can run a cloth on the body and itz still clean... so... thumbs up from me...

-Mike

Originally posted by RedLight_Si
    I used it years ago on my first car and I consider it to be just like any other wax out there. If you are looking for the best IMO,use Zaino. Many people will agree with that.

Zaino Bros.
    I agree with this entirely... but it is not a wax... so don't be confused... but wax wise, go NXT its a bit easier to work with, and I truely beleive its better.

At the end of the day, wax is wax, and mothers is a good brand too... I guess it boils down to name, smell, and ease of application.

I use Mother's 3 steps.
    It works great.

Originally posted by Chinaboy
    At the end of the day, wax is wax, and mothers is a good brand too... I guess it boils down to name, smell, and ease of application.
    I agree. Smell is important :D

I agree smell is important :)

-Aj-

Personally, i like Meguirs.

Damn database was acting funny when I responded... :o

I deleted the duplicates.

Originally posted by RedLight_Si

Zaino Bros.
    First wax I ever used was mother's. I was very satisfied. I too used the 3 phase mother's system.

I'm using zainobros stuff right now. I'm using Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6. The stuff smells like crap compared to mother's. I have no doubt this stuff works like a miracle, but you can't really get much of a shine from taffeta white. The other negative about zainobros is that the dry time is excruciatingly long.

imo, if u got a white or silver EP, don't expect too much of a shine.

One coat zaino.

I'm now running about 9 coats, and it's a little different. :)

Andrew

Originally posted by pLopSI
    First wax I ever used was mother's. I was very satisfied. I too used the 3 phase mother's system.

I'm using zainobros stuff right now. I'm using Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6. The stuff smells like crap compared to mother's. I have no doubt this stuff works like a miracle, but you can't really get much of a shine from taffeta white. The other negative about zainobros is that the dry time is excruciatingly long.

imo, if u got a white or silver EP, don't expect too much of a shine.
    While I don't use Zaino or plan on it....I seem to remember that they have something called ZFX to allow the coats to dry super fast and allow you to put multiple layers on in a single day.

Zaino ZFX stuff

Thread Information